租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 2372|回复: 16
打印 上一主题 下一主题

在魁北克省外读书可以能魁省的 Bursary/Loan吗?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2001-10-24 16:17 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hi, I just got my answer to the question I had asked for the past few months pertaining to the chance of getting financial assistance from the generous Quebec government for studying outside of Quebec.

Yes, as long as the program is recognized and susidised by the Canadian Ministry of Education, you are qualified to apply fr loan and bursary. For detailed info, you may call the AFE or go to their offices to check out. The experiences of my classmates and friends may conclude that the amount for loan would be much higher than that of the bursary, which is obviously different to that in Montreal. For the MBA program I take, i am eligible for a $12,000 loan and a $3,300 bursary for the first year. Second year arrangement is subject to further approval next year.

I hope that this would be of reference value to you all! Good luck and enjoy your life in Montreal! I miss it and my dear friends there a lot!!

Cheers!
David
2#
发表于 2001-10-24 16:49 | 只看该作者
are you an alumninum? what year are you?
[url=\"http://billjlee.spaces.live.com/\"]http://billjlee.spaces.live.com/[/url]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2001-10-24 18:06 | 只看该作者
Ivey MBA,Thank you for your valuable information about this subject which is badly needed by lots of us Chinese new immigrants.

“你在他乡还好吗?” I have a friend who landed in Montreal last year and went to your place to pursue MBA degree in that famous university. Wish all the best to you studying in London. Take care!
WWW=Web Will Win
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-10-24 20:45 | 只看该作者
MTL160, in fact I should have thanked you for all the valuable info that you shared with us here. I have been benefited a lot from your posts when I first arrived this March. Now it's time for me to "contribute", which is highly valued at Ivey!  :-)

Lee, I am a first year candidate. If you are my alumni, you can imagine what kind of a life I am "enjoying" now! HELP!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2001-10-24 23:28 | 只看该作者
hope you find your study group. keep in touch.
[url=\"http://billjlee.spaces.live.com/\"]http://billjlee.spaces.live.com/[/url]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2001-10-25 04:54 | 只看该作者
HI, Ivey MBA (David),

I am surprised to find out that some one else took the similar action and intention as mine. I am now in Chengdu,
China, I will go to Montreal next March or April. Actually my ultimate goal is to pursue the MBA in Canada. I prepared the MBA for more than two years.Ivey is my most favorite business school. I admire you that you get through all the obstacles and be an Ivey MBA!

I am now preparing my essay for Ivey. I am confident about my background but GMAT score is my weakness (only 650). Would you mind sharing your experience so that I can assess my chance?

Moreover, I care about the bursary and loan for Montreal resident to study outside Quebec.

Thanks very much in advance!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2001-10-27 01:25 | 只看该作者
Hi,Ivey MBA
Would you mind answering me the following questions in your spare time:
1, What time is the latest time(must be earlier than deadline)to send the completed application form for fall 2002?
2, At least, what's the score for GMAT?
3, Is there an interview before the acceptance?
thank you very much for your time,
and good luck for your study!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2001-10-27 01:34 | 只看该作者
forget to declare that all my questions are about the MBA application, not loan.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-10-28 00:11 | 只看该作者
Fire and WangQi:

Glad to hear from you. Sorry for my belated response as I am really stressed out with the hectic schedule!

following are my own experience and suggestions for your reference. Different applicants might not fit to these cases. So you'd better adjust to suit for your backgrounds:
1. I applied two days after the deadline for application. SHOULD REALLY TRY TO APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!
2. My GMAT score is lower than the average--only 640 while TOEFL is 650. THE HIGHER THE BETTER. BUT TRY TO FOCUS MORE ON YOUR ESSAYS ONCE YOUR SCORES ARE ABOVE AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS!
3. Come to Montreal no later than March to live and enjoy life here and at the same time get qualified for the Quebec residence Loan/Bursary! TRY TO LAND EARLIER TO ADJUST TO THE NEW ENVIRONMENT AND ONCE THE THREE MONTHS' PERIOD IS GONE, MOVE IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR MBA SCHOOL'S LOCATION AND GET PREPARED FOR THE LANGUAGE AND COURSES CHALLENGE IN THE MBA PROGRAM!!!!
4. GOOD LUCK!! MBA is NOT fun!!!

Drop me a line at my email address if you need further info. But be prepared that I might be really late to reply since I am doing badly in my program now.
HELP! Bill LEE!!! :-)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2001-10-29 00:35 | 只看该作者
Ivey MBA,thank you and take care!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-4 03:32 , Processed in 0.048818 second(s), 43 queries .