Hi,Folks !

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2003-7-31 11:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Can you please help me and let me know the estimation of the following car:

Acura EL 1.6 Premium. Year1999
75,000 KMS
Automatic Transmission.Leather. SunRoof.CD.
Poor Window.

1.The estimated price before tax.
2.Any website available that I can refer to if
  want to compare with the prices
3.Any place available for free inspection.

Thanks in advance for your prompt attention.
2#
发表于 2003-7-31 15:07 | 只看该作者
1) Prices - the best place to compare prices (also good to buy your car) is http://www.hgregoire.com/

-- if you go in person, ask for Argo Y (a gentleman in his 50's). They have two Argo's.  They have a big selection of cars available.

2) Inspection - Phil Bailey's garage charges $95 tax incl for a full inspection of car but he won't come to your place. APA has a guy who comes to your place to inspect the car at a moderate price.

http://www.smartshoppingmontreal.com/repairmen.pl?id=2

Good luck for your shopping.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-7-31 16:06 | 只看该作者
Thank you so much for your information.

In addition:
1)Who shall noramlly pay for the VIN Record
  Report: Dealer,Buyer or it depands ?

2)Any source for free ?

Thanks again for your further reply.

Best Regards,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2003-7-31 22:56 | 只看该作者
1) VIN Record  -- you will have to pay for your VIN report. But VIN is almost a scam - it doesn't give you the info you really need. YOu can pay $8 at any SAAQ office to get an ownership report which gives you more info, as a matter of fact. If someone tries to sell you a car owned by a company, then you must be asking questions; if someone tells you this car has one owner but the report shows 3, then you know this is a lie....etc.

Some CAA offices also have this service - check CAA's website to see which office has this service.

2)Any source for free ? - no free meal here in Canada, unfortunately.

My advice is not to waste time on VIN unless your friend has free access. Instead, you should focus on the honesty of the seller and the quality of the car.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-1 00:10 | 只看该作者
Thanks again for your further advice. Can I ask you the following last question ?

Where can I find out the Accident Report (SAAQ)?

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

I do appreciate your great help.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2003-8-1 18:02 | 只看该作者
SAAQ doesn't have a record of accidents. For this, you will need to contact your insurance broker who can get you a report for a fee (I think is about $20). The report will only give you the "claimed" accidents. Some people may not report small accidents.

Even if with accidents, it doesn't mean that the car is not good as long as it has been repaired properly. It also depends on the year of the car. If you are buying a 8-year old, it is not very important. However it does make some difference if you are buying a lux/relatively new car.

I have not personally invistigated accidents on my own cars - I focus more on the "feel" of the car and the seller. To recap:
1) test drive the car - especially on highway at 120km/hr: to hear the noise of wind (close the windows) and engine, feel the handling and alignment, monitor the temperatue gauge etc etc. Check out the appearance of the car including the tires, etc.

2) talk to the seller and ask for service records if private sale. If the car is well maintained, he should have all the records.

3) shop around - do not rush into deals.

4) invite experienced friends to go with you.

5) try to have it inspected before the deal.

6) avoid Ford and Chrysler (certain models from GM are acceptable). Japs have less problems.

Hope it helps
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-2 16:55 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot for your detailed explanations. It helps greatly.

Best Regards,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2003-8-4 15:09 | 只看该作者
Which model from GM is not bad?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2003-8-4 22:56 | 只看该作者
Saturn SL/SW after 1998
Chevrolet Primz after 2001
Lumina after 2000
Malibu after 2000
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2003-8-6 18:27 | 只看该作者
HONDA CIVIC LX 1995,4 DOORS,MANUAL,192K,basic equipment,价$4300.
但前面挡风玻璃有明显裂纹,听说是第二次更换,与前面挡风玻璃接合的车顶金属有部分的锈迹, 据说玻璃安装不好,接合处积雨水的缘故.
请问FOLKS:
1.前面挡风玻璃重新安装需要多少钱?
2.这车带有此毛病是否值这个价钱?
THANKS
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-6 22:14 , Processed in 0.060973 second(s), 42 queries .