查看: 2185|回复: 10
打印 上一主题 下一主题

THE HUGS

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2001-7-3 02:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
THE HUGS

Not until I have been sick of fever and heavy flu for over two days, have I needed so badly a hug from another mankind.  Having been couching in bed up to twenty-four hours, my body is totally out of strength and suffering a horrible backache.  My consciousness has been following the tickling of the clock, wondering slowly in between the real noise of the rushing cars out side my window, and the illusive splashing of the waves against the giant metal ship shell, of a rough sea night…the memories of the people I met, the talks we had, the things we did, had over flooded my mind, pushing me up and down, like a baby sleeping in a cradle lost on waters, but rafting safely, as if it was blessed by God.

I met this middle aged American lady on my first contract with the cruise line.  She was a tour leader taking care of her group of passengers on board for that particular cruise.  She came quite often to my desk for information and administrative assistances.  We had become friends. One day we talked about the necessity of touch for human beings, the communication and the expression of love between people.

I told her that I had been raised up in a family that hugs and words of love were never being missed.  That I seldom experienced any difficulties to demand or receive hugs from my parents, or to tell them I love them since I was born, which sounded so incredible to some of my friends.  But whenever I was away and alone, life became tougher due to the lack of touch, and the expression of love that I was used to.  The other day she brought me a pin of a little teddy bear with a red heart, along with a small blue card, which was given to her a few years ago by someone else.  She had kept the card with her wherever she went.

On the card there are a bear and a cat hugging each other on one side, and some words on the other side that says “This coupon is good for one free HUG redeemable from any human being!”

From the day she gave the card to me, I have been doing the same thing like her, keeping it with me wherever I go.  It had helped me to open up myself as an individual to all the nice people around me; to bring the courage I need when deliver the message of care and love to each friend who came along the way; to get me closer to the pure humanity that everybody has the right to enjoy.

I am writing this note to all the friends of mine and to those I have not met, wanting you to share with me, with each other, the initiative of the little blue card, and the tender loving care that exists in each of your heart.
2#
发表于 2001-7-3 13:58 | 只看该作者
give you a big hug!!   dinosaur is gone. candle is coming.....i think you can understand .   :rolleyes:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2001-7-3 23:56 | 只看该作者
hi, Big Mom's Baby,

are you getting better?  here is a cyber hug and cyber gift....also redeemable at the first sight of me....      ...

still running some temperature? that is probably you are getting too hot here...   ...just kidding...

need any help? i know you have a lot of friends around here and one in vancouver....just in case...drop me a line...    ...you'll never know....someone said i was a mongolian doctor...      ...my license has expired though...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2001-7-4 01:14 | 只看该作者
hi, bmb, this is the extra hug from beijing!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2001-7-4 22:55 | 只看该作者
军港的夜静悄悄,海浪将战舰轻轻的摇,年轻的水兵头枕的波涛,耳边响起母亲的呼唤...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
曾经想当水兵,可惜晕船      
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-7-5 22:01 | 只看该作者
ooooooh, so cute! cheers mikie! as well as garcon! i believe the cyber hugs work    ! it was magic, i meant my little blue card    isn't it? otherwise i won't have all of you here with me online.
the temparature had come down but stays the cough, it will take a while for me to recover coz i had it before and i knew myself...the mongolian doc hasn't find any patient since the licence was issued. haha..    big mum's baby, yes indeed i am! will never change. i don't want to, neither does my mum i suppose.
   ;)
never thought of being a soldier but somehow, i was a sort of ...well, 'semi-navy' officer for three years...loved it and hated it the same time. ironically similar to the experience when in switzerland.  both period were so important to my life which made me ME.   
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2001-7-6 00:14 | 只看该作者
bmb,

you are back!...good girl...and tough, too..      here is a prescription from the mongolian doc. for your cough: cough cough cough...      ...just kidding... but go to any grocery store and pick up some "halls" (extra strong)...it works for my bronchitis...     ..."if syndrome does not subside, go to see a physician at any clsc or clinic...." mom says....     
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2001-7-6 00:16 | 只看该作者
oh, forgot, bmb

wish you early recovery..     
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-7-8 00:09 | 只看该作者
cheers my friend!  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2001-7-11 21:46 | 只看该作者
Gee...hope my hugs are not too late for you!
Woman.

I just came back from LA yesterday and went straight to work and today is hard working day again....hehe...you know it will be how hard,right?  

Hugs,warm hugs, and all the best wishes...mentally happy does help, woman.

I know you are waiting for the 'result' for my LA trip. You know what? The result is 'No result, no decision'.

Does Pan get her baby? did you call her?
I am in hurry and I will catch you later.

Stay young, stay cool
and
take care of yourself for the whole world...woman!

Orange
God is a DJ, you select the music on your list.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-13 05:14 , Processed in 0.045198 second(s), 43 queries .