租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 2658|回复: 5

警惕,刷卡机供应商的骗局!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
发表于 2011-12-11 14:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
以下是我的遭遇,希望不再有受害者。对不起,英文是为了便于向有关当局申报This scam scheme started five weeks ago, on Nov.9th, 2011. The sales Rep. from Collective POS name George Georgiades came in to our salon offered me a lower rate for Visa, Master and Debit transaction charges. He calculate on a piece of paper all the possible cost we’ll have with them which is lower than what we paid to Moneris now.(we still keep the paper he sketched on, He intentionally  neglect a lot of hidden cost ) He said he will call the Moneris in our behavior to cancel the service and switch to them. By his experience, because he made so much call each week.  In most case, Moneris won’t  charge anything. In worst case maximum $250.   If any cost for cancelation happens, they will pay us back in full amount. Also if we decide before next week Tuesday, We can get another $100 promotion credit. Again, after 60 months rental (which is$40 per months all included) we own this machine.
I asked him right away what if we run out of business before 60 months what will happen?  He said we can just simply return the machine with no cost (He didn’t mention the complication of return and the cost at all). So far everything he said satisfied me, it seems like worth to switch.
Second week, Sign the paper scheme.
We replied on Tuesday, He booked appointment on Wednesday Nov 16, 2011, 7pm which is our closing time. Me and my business partner Nader  sit with him, reviewed all the details we discussed last week once again, because this the first time he met Nader. Then, he brought out some application forms like papers, and apologized he didn’t have time to go back his office get some ready ones, so we have to fill it up by hand. All the time papers is in his hand, he fill it up by asking our questions, and we go through again all the details when he writ it on to the forms to confirm our discussion. From the distance cross the table, we couldn’t see clear what is print in that forms, and he made us only concentrate on what he was writing, He keep us busy on copying the document he need, preparing  a void check . It feels like the papers are nothing    really important, It just a routine paper work need to be done. At last he turned the bottom part of paper toward me, point out where to sign, where to put initials, that’s it, less than one minute, very fast, very smooth. He didn’t even let me hold the paper for a minute, nor did to mention read it. When my partner offered   to sign, he said one signature is good enough. So, even my partner had no chance to touch those papers. Then he put away all the papers. When we ask for a copy of that, He said he will print out a more formal one bring to us later. Shake hands. We are in troubles.
Third week, things turned to be a little fishy.
We connected the new machine on Nov. 21 2011
He didn’t show up as he promised, over the phone he’s always in a meeting in far away West Island. We had to call Moneris ourselves to cancel the service (which cost us $341 cancelation fee). No signed papers delivered to us. We almost forgot those papers. The first charge $25 showed on our bank account same day on Nov. 21 2011.  He explained that is half of the application fee which we agreed. But we asked him why don’t deduct it from that $100 credit they promised. He explained we’ll see it evened out when we get our first statement by the end of Dec. (later the manager K.G said we’ll get it in March 2013).
Fourth week, something going wrong
On Nov. 28, 2011. Second charge showed on bank account. It’s a weird $ 63.93 we had no idea what that is for. He explained it’s the machine supplier NL charges us not Collective. And he hopes we know that they charge first and last month at first bill. $63.93 probably is part of that. How could we know this if he never mentioned to us.  Still with hope, I asked when we return the machine, could we get the last month deposit back. And he said he is not sure, but he will try to negotiate with NL for us.( he knows everything ,but keep fool us around) I’m still thinking we can return the machine any time we want.
Fifth week, reeled in tight.
On Dec. 1st,  2011, just three day after the second charge, two more deduction from our account. One from NL lease company$50.51, the other one from Collective$15.99. We didn’t check our account until Dec 7, 2011. With big confusion, I called him, again It was very first time, I heard he mention that NL will charge $4.96 insurance plus tax each months for security purpose. And $3.95plus tax is for Collective monthly service fee. These all the costs we never heard about. It add up our monthly expenses more than we paid before to Moneris.It doesn’t make sense any more for this switch but too late Moneris  deduct $341 from our account on Dec6,2011 for cancelation.  
He still play like an angle, he promise to try negotiate with NL to remove the insurance cost, and himself also confused why it came out such weird numbers. So, he suggests me to call bill department, and call his boss K.G.as well. I called bill department right away, a lady there know how to answer me. She said:” In my hand is the contract with your signature on it.” Till now, she reminds me the papers, we still not having it. I called Geoge G, urge him to give us a copy.
On Dec. 8, 2011. 22 days after, we first get a chance to read this so called contract, yes with my signature on it. All the charges they try to hide   show in a fine print. All the part they used as a lure is filled in with handwriting. We called the NL lease company, same answer waiting for us, the cancelation fee will be $2600 high.
Two choice in front of us, stay with this crooked company, wait them fulfill their promises? Or, Fight this injustice. We choose the back one
发表于 2011-12-11 15:44 | 显示全部楼层
这个坛子里随便翻翻就一堆这类事情,没看过?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-11 22:12 | 显示全部楼层
这么好的英语水平也犯这种低级错误?防人之心不可无,小心小公司。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-11 23:50 | 显示全部楼层
我的前店主采取的办法就是一走了之。那个操蛋公司有时电话打过来问我,我也不会提供他的电话号码的。一堆机器还丢在角落里。
别贪便宜,别听忽悠。用你的开户银行的,第二天一早就到帐,大银行,邪乎不到哪里去的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-12 12:35 | 显示全部楼层
可以报警,和上法庭。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-12-13 02:45 | 显示全部楼层
俗话说不怕贼抢就怕贼惦记,这回算是见识到加拿大土产的洋贼了google了一下collective pos scams,上当受骗的不在少数。肯请有相关经验的多多指教,同病相连的,联合起来。email:yinz51@yahoo.com
以下google 内容也许有用。
COLLECTIVE POS, Surrey, British Columbia
Posted: 2011-04-02 by    Shu-hsuan  

Credit Card Terminal (POS Terminal) Leasing Fraud

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Trifolia Floral
Surrey, British Columbia
Canada

I am a small business owner in Surrey, BC Canada. 2 sales reps approached me and signed me up with this CollectivePOS in mid Feb 2011. They claimed they offer lifetime warranty for the terminal but they do not own the terminals. They also advertise 'lease to own' that's also false. They only process debit transactions, not VISA/MC/AMEX as they claim or advertise. Once I signed the contract(s) they denied that they have anything to do with the other 2 companies they hooked me up with. They are crooks!!!

They also added additional monthly charges by altering my contract with them after I signed it, and it took me forever to get them to correct this and other so called 'billing errors'. For example they charged me $5 a month for an imprinter, which I never received. I call them almost everyday, for exactly 29 days. The person handling my case became either 'busy' or 'out on lunch' all the time after I sent in my request for a refund.

The contract they presented me was actually a 3-in-one contract, with missing pages!!! Not all the terms and conditions were on the contracts I signed, and when I confronted them about this they just said 'You signed the contract, there is nothing we can do'.

Once signed up with Collective POS I was also hooked with 2 other companies (Northern Leasing & Elavon), that both had hundreds of thousands of complains filed against them as well as a class action lawsuit lodged against this Northern Leasing company in New York.

I was trying to cancel my contract with them then I was told that I will be charged for $300 from CollectivePOS, $195 from Elavon, and I can't even cancel the lease agreement with Northern Leasing. Northern Leasing were asking me to pay them $3000 to buy out the lease agreement and plus another $240 if I wanted to keep the terminal. (Lease to own? haha)

Here is how to fight them:

1.) Close your bank account, stop payments won't work as they will just use a different company ID to withdraw the money.
2.) Make a complain to Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. (CollectivePOS is being regulated by this agency)
3.) Make a report to Canadian Anti-Fraud Center.
4.) Make a complain to Better Business Bureau. (354 Charles Street, East Kitchener, ON N2G 4L5 Email: info@mwco.bbb.org)
5.) Report to your local police, make sure you file it under identity theft/fraud.
6.) Make a same report to the Ontario Police by mail or e-mail.
7.) Contact your local MLA or someone represent your area, and make a formal complain and ask him/her to forward it to the proper authorities.
8.) Once you got a police report number contact your credit bureaus to place a 'fraud alert' on your file, because they might try and screw up your credit. They will do it for free if you have a police report number.
9.) Contact your local news station and tell them about your business experiences with this particular company and have them make it a national news.
10.) Keep all documents and get ready to take legal action (If you want)
11.) You can ignore Northern Leasing & Elavon if they decided to harass you with mails and phone calls. But you do have to answer them if they sent a collection agency to try and collect money. First ask them for a copy of the contract, and tell the collection agency that the debt is actually a fraud and you already reported this to the police and ask them to put a dispute status on the file, and ask them not to get involve in this. They will usually back off at this point. If not, ask for the license of the collection agency, as well as the agent's license. Inform the agent that you will only accept regular mails for future communications. Give them the evidence and show them that they can throw the contract in the garbage, or a judge will. By law in Canada they can only contact you by mail once you tell them (by certify letter) you will only accept mail communications. The law says they can only call you once a day, if you can prove that the collection agent violate this rule (or the rules i mentioned above) you can actually sure them and have them pay for all legal fees.
12.) Don't be afraid to stand up and fight them. If they called you and harass you just hang up and dial *57, have the call traced and write down date and time, after their 3 attempts call the police and they will follow up the case. If they threaten you with life hang up right away and trace the call also, then call 911 or the police immediately.

You can buy the terminal for around $300 on-line. It is a scam, do not do business with them. See for yourself, Google Collective/Northern Leasing/Elavon (DBA Ladco Leasing) complains and see what you got!!!
Comments  Canada  Equipment Leasing & Financing  

Share with others:            
You marked this complaint as useful  

More COLLECTIVE POS complaints

COLLECTIVE POS - WELL PLANED SCAM
COLLECTIVE POS - fraud company
COLLECTIVE POS - CONTRACTS
COLLECTIVE POS - Over Charges
COLLECTIVE POS - COLLECTIVE POS
COLLECTIVE POS - total fraud and liars!
COLLECTIVE POS - false complaints
COLLECTIVE POS - Lying and over charging
COLLECTIVE POS - Collective POS are liars
COLLECTIVE POS - good company

Comments Sort by: Date | Rating  

29th of Jun, 2011 by   aliasdbj    0 Votes  

Your story is almost an exact replica of our experience, except we bought the terminal! Promised it was chip ready - 6 mths later we are still waiting for the upgrade. They have stopped returning our calls, so once again we're left holding the bag.
The sales reps are the real villans in this story because they blatantly lie and take advantage of new business owners who are not as savy and aware as experienced business owners are. The fine print on their contract totally covers them and provides nothing for the business owner. The contract is actually labeled as an 'application' but within the fine print (I'm talking a font size of 4!) of that application it states that if the application is accepted then your signature indicates you are agreeing to a contract with both them and Elavon. Stay away from this company! There are so many other choices and they, at least, have the decency to be up front and honest about what you are signing up for.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-3-28 18:37 , Processed in 0.044129 second(s), 36 queries .