租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1093|回复: 8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

这样的事找律师有用吗?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2002-5-17 09:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
前年冬天去报名Lasalle College, 当天交了报名费、注册费并在合约上签了字。第二天我决定不在这里上了,就去和他们讲。他们让我签了个departure form并说了圣诞假期来看是否能退注册费(250)。等我再来的时候,他们说按合约我应付10%的学费(650)作为赔偿,不可能退钱。现在我突然收到追债公司的电话,要我付剩余的400给他们,否则destory my credit。
当时语言不灵光,给那个counsellor催着签了合约,自己没细看条款,是我的错。但那个counsellor根本没告诉我任何我的责任,只是说名额没有了,要赶快签,这纯属欺骗误导。
请教各位大侠,我这样的案例找律师有用吗?我如果坚持不付钱给催债公司,会有什么后果呢?如果找律师,去哪里找呢?这种案例我的胜算几率大吗?多谢指教!
2#
发表于 2002-5-17 09:52 | 只看该作者
非常同情你,LASALLE COLLEGE 的名声很坏,很多人都上过当。我认为你可以找律师,但问题是律师费一小时就至少125元,你得看看合算不?若你是移民,收入很低,可以申请法律援助。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2002-5-17 10:12 | 只看该作者
法律援助是什么电话号码?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2002-5-17 10:20 | 只看该作者
Try this no.: 8649437
If they cannot do,they will give you another ph.no to call. I think they do civil case.
good luck.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2002-5-17 21:39 | 只看该作者
after find a lawyer and pay him hundreds (if he is a cheap one) or thousands dollars consulting fee, this is what he going to tell you, " pay $400 dollar and forget about what happend."
boy, you signed that paper and lasalle college is not a known fraudalent entity. i don't know how you can win this case.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2002-5-18 11:17 | 只看该作者
字是你签的,找小律师,没用,除非你有铁板钉钉的证据。口说无凭,这是中国的古话。

找大律师,不上算。还不如赔钱了事。再怎么说,字也是你签的,吃一堑,长一智,以后有签字的事情,千万要小心。

不过,lasalle college的教学质量在蒙特利尔的college里算是好的。虽然对中国人不怎么样。
  :p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2002-5-18 12:42 | 只看该作者
Lasalle is famous for its fashion design and you just forget about the rest, my friend.
And Lasalle is also famous for its "hard sell" which offered by those counsellors.  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2002-5-18 15:59 | 只看该作者
教学质量在蒙特利尔的college里算是好的???????
I cannot comment on other courses,but my experience there gave me a bad impression.
I used to audit two-hour business course last year. There are only four students in the class and the teacher had strong accent of English,plus no writing on board,only talking. You cannot take note unless your English is very good.   :confused:    :confused:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2002-5-28 07:44 | 只看该作者
You may seek justice at "la cour des petite creances" if you are sure of winning. There , you don't need a lawyer,you can be your own lawyer.
It cost only some 30 dollar. I think you still have some choices, just let the judge believe that you had some difficulty in undersdanding the contract and you were not reminded to have it translated at the time you are signing the contract, it will be even better if the contract is in french.For the adress or the telephone of the court(la cour) , you may ask the "mancheng huaren fuwu zhongxin". Good luck to you .
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-24 19:05 , Processed in 0.043045 second(s), 42 queries .