租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: Wei Quan
打印 上一主题 下一主题

为了中国人平等与尊严

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
发表于 2003-8-13 17:00 | 只看该作者
To Sanhaojie, well, in some sense, you are right. I don't see any reason that they've been tolerating the pain for such long. Well, as it has happened, I will show my support anywys. So, maybe we should take into action to pull through this situation.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 18:25 | 只看该作者
这是本人起草的在行动当天散发给外国人的传单,请大家从语法、措辞等各方面仔细审阅,若有修改请发致我的信箱(以免这里过于冗长)。
------------------------------------------------

“First Come, First Served”
——A Fair Rule Works for Everybody

Coming from all parts of the world, we choose to live and work here in Canada because this is a free and democratic society. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, an essential part of Canada’s Constitution, defines and guarantees our personal rights like fundamental freedoms and equality rights. Under the Charter, each of us is supposed to be equally treated regardless of race, color, language, religion, sex and age. Nobody including employers, supervisors, or other individuals possess a privilege to invade the rights of others.

Unfortunately, this principle has been rudely violated by a part among us. They arbitrarily claim that some bus seats exclusively belong to them and no one else can take these seats. They disregard a universally accepted rule, which we’d like to remind of and emphasize here:
First come, first served.
It’s high time to get back this rule and reestablish fairness.

Today, we take collective action struggling for nothing but an everlasting fair rule, under which each worker will enjoy the human rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Charter. This is a big step to build up a new kind of harmonic relationship among workers.

We strongly hope to achieve this goal peacefully through equal and calm dialogue. In this process, your understanding, cooperation, and support will give a big hand. We must win this battle, in which, in an ultimate sense, no one will be a loser.

Justice is on our side.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 18:40 | 只看该作者
Flower2002, 你好。你的见解很重要,但你的留言中断了,且没有你的号码。请再来电话。
-----------------------------------
对所有来电来函及跟贴的人士表示感谢。
-----------------------------------
Sanhaojie: 印度人从数量上占大多数,且人员固定、抱团,所以他们中的部分人有恃无恐。相反,中国人人数不占多,变动性大,这是形成这种局面的客观上的原因。当然这丝毫不能抵消我们在主观上的问题。你没去过,不了解具体情况,但我不愿看到因误解而伤害我们自己人。另外,我写的出发时间应该订正为6:15AM。我能感觉到你的理性。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2003-8-13 21:14 | 只看该作者
Today, at the last minute, everyone was working in his last box. Me too. Unfortunately, one of the Mexicans came to me to point out I had a lot of bad quality packs. One moment later, he pointed that my numbers which were counted by myself are wrong, and I noticed my boxes marks were removed, one of the Chinese said she saw an Indian stole my onions. My god, what kind of people they are.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2003-8-14 01:56 | 只看该作者
加拿大是个法制社会,国民的行为主要受法律的约束,在法律之外,部分地受道德(指风俗习惯,传统等)的约束,故西方人做事依法。中国人的行为主要受道德的约束,所谓道德实际是统治者的旨意和思想观念,外加传统习惯,其次才受法律约束,故中国人做事讲理。自古中国人遇事张口就问:你讲不讲理?用说书先生的话讲:杀人可恕,天理难容!有理没理成为中国人辨别是非的标准,成为中国人的思维定式。西方人遇事先问是否违法,而不问是否合理。所以,我们不能理解加拿大不遣返赖昌星,人家也不能理解在中国父母打孩子不受处罚。这恐怕就是理和法的差别,有时二者甚至相互对立:合了法就不合理,合了理就不合法。
    今天看大家的帖子多在阐述印度人的行为怎样的不合理,应采取怎样的行动才能补偿我们被伤害的感情。其实,这还是在讲理,并不是讲法。若是讲法,首先应搞清楚印度人的行为究竟怎样的违法,我们怎样做才能证明其违法。恕我直言,如果只讲理不讲法,用中国传统的行为方式在加拿大处理问题,结果不能不令人担忧。做事仅凭直觉,勇气和热情是远远不够的。
    我年轻时最反感老一辈人在我面前摆老资格,说三道四。现在轮到我不得不说几句不合适宜的话,如有得罪,请多包涵。我是过来人。凡事请各位多用理智少动感情。任何事情一旦进入司法程序,将变成谁都无法左右也无法终止,无法退出也无法躲避的局面,真正是人在江湖,身不由己了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-14 13:48 | 只看该作者
---------------最新动态----------------

在过去的20多个小时里,我接到一些电话,有介绍农场运行机制的,有反应打工者思想状况的,所有这些都很中肯,极具建设性。综合考虑各方面的信息和建议后,我决定调整方式方法。今早在NAMUR,大家看到的我不再是慷慨激昂,我倾向于避免偏激,更冷静地体谅中国新移民难言的顾虑和实际困难。(希望有顾虑的人也跟我联系,我又对不上你的号,没关系。任何坦诚的话都是积极的。)对于行动的着眼点也作了大的调整。现在实质性的第一步已经迈出。

今早5:30我打电话给越南女士CUKER(后面附有背景简介),尽管她很忙,原也不打算去NAMUR,但马上答应见我。送大家上车走后,CUKER母子和我交谈了约十分钟。我传达了如下信息:

1.        中国人与印度人争座正愈演愈烈,感到不平的中国人正在讨论采取行动抵制不公正的行为。我给了她一份本人起草的“A FAIR RULE WORKS FOR EVERYBODY”,以示中国人的准备已到了很充分的阶段。
2.        一个小小的冲突就可能召来警察。有些人是希望警察出现的,但我也清楚大多数人是不愿意这样的。(出现警察对于CUKER尤其严重。)
3.        我们希望事情在公正的原则下和平解决。
4.        随时和我联系。我说:I WANT A CLEAR ANSWERTO THIS PROBLEM。并留下了电话号码。

CUKER女士很聪明。这场用英语进行的交谈没有任何阻滞。我直入正题,她意识敏锐,使得谈话虽短但效率轻高。她的反馈是:

1.        对中国人的友好。她说她的祖父母是中国人。
2.        清楚意识到问题的根源在于人多座少,两人座三人挤。(但她也面露出多租一辆车成本太高。)
3.        要在这一两天解决(FIX UP)问题。

CUKER 还有要事,匆匆离去,使得交谈无法深入,这是个遗憾;问题如何解决,是权宜地还是彻底地解决还是个未知数。但我们也不能苛求她在如此短的时间里拿出全套办法,毕竟她清楚地表明要解决问题。CUKER母子一再向我表示感谢,从其神情中能感觉到这是真心的。

我们需要在关注中等待。

今早在NAMUR上车时,CUKER插到队伍较后的一个位置,司机(兼计件员)前所未有地守候在车门口,待上到一定人数,CUKER抵达门口,强行关门。车上比以前宽松。他们或许已开始控制人数。(如果这样,我预感到另一种可能难堪的危机,附于后。)

今晚我会与今天前往打工的人打电话,了解工地和车上的情况。由于明天是预定的行动日期,我无论如何会在今晚发布一个最新动态和明日安排。(争取12点以前贴上。我9点才下课,请体谅。)
--------------------------------------------------

附 1。背景简介
本地白人农场主把拔葱的活儿包给CUKER。CUKER雇工人、车和司机,并支付工资和车费。CUKER和中国人的友好融洽是大家都认可的事实。

附2。 控制人数后可能出现的问题。
过去的几天在NAMUR上车的人都排队,先是中国人自己,后来在中国人的声势下所有人都乖乖地排队。(棒极了!!!应从中汲取经验和心得。我向那位率先倡议排队并出面维护秩序的大哥表示敬意,并请你给我来个电话。)

但控制人数,就会有人上不了车,尤其在周六发薪日。在这种情况下,中国人还能保持秩序吗?黑人呢?我想说的是,中国人一定要自律,不要自毁形象,自毁长城。队是一定要排的,谁要去谁早到,到晚了上不了车,也不要挤。一天去不了没什么大不了,形象事大。中国人自取其辱的教训够多了。只要中国人守秩序,维护秩序,黑人也会乖起来的,就象这几天一样。另外,发薪的方式是灵活的,这完全可以协商,CUKER那边不会有问题的,大家都信这一点。
--------------------------------------------

尊敬的老支书,您好。

夜深了,你还在工作,请多注意身体。

你的关于“仅靠直觉、勇气和热情远远不够,还要讲法用法”的一番话是语重心长之言。我想借着回复你的机会纠正前几天由我主要造成的偏激倾向。首先是我对自己的同胞说了一些过于苛责的话(我会在以后深入检讨这一点)。其次就是方式上还是有“揭竿而起”的倾向。

说实在的,您应该还是能在我一些表述中看到借法扬威、依法行事的意思吧。但我承认这被过度激奋掩盖了。在昨天准备那份英文传单之前,我在网上查看了加国的《自由与人权宪章》等相关法律的条文、解释、适用和实施(我会考虑在某个时候把它编辑贴出来与大家共享并探讨)。我越发对加拿大的法制体系有了信心,从法理上讲我们是被侵害的一方,法对我们是有利的。暴力倾向和歧视在加国是很严重的犯法。既然法对我们有利,为什么不更多地运用“法”,反而采用难以摆布的“力”呢?勇气是需要的(尤其对于中国人),但这是远远不够的,勇气的发挥如果不以法来引导甚至会走向反面。勇气和法又不矛盾,用法首先就需要勇气(现阶段如此,知法的人会发现在加国依法捍卫权益其实很容易也忒见效,我从与一位女士的通话中大受启发)。

老支书,您已看到,我迈出的第一步是方式温和但直达目的的。请您和我们一道,共同努力,引导后大家,献计献策,把这件众人关注的事情做好。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2003-8-14 14:16 | 只看该作者
As you are all my brothers and sisters whom I deeply care and as a matter of principle, I will have to say a few more words.  I may have been a little bit too gentle so I will be really blunt to you this time.  

1.        I refuse to see that this is a case of racial discrimination instead of a simple case of bullies vs cowards.  I am offended by the belief that East Indians are lower class than Chinese, implying that there ought to be other classes on top of Chinese.  Japanese probably looks down on all ethnic groups on this planet.  Worst of all racists, some Chinese voluntarily put themselves in the middle.  

2.        I can’t support such a movement because I don’t believe this is an honest and effective approach.  You lost your self-respect on that seat when you got up there and don’t drag the whole Chinese population into so-called ‘resolution’.  On those sleepless nights, dig deep down into your soul to see why you lost it and if you still have a thread of courage to find it yourself.  No one else could do it for you.  I would never want to see a crowd of Chinese chanting slogans in front those confused people.

3.        I would suggest that, if you or a group of you could find the real reason and real courage, you take all the front seats next time, absolutely leaving no seats reserved for senior Indians, anyone who can pull onions should be strong enough to sit at back or stand like everyone else, don’t cheat yourself and others.  If you still don’t feel strong enough to challenge these bullies, both mentally and physically, get some tall strong north-eastern Chinese to take those seat besides you.  Tell those people who ask you to move to ‘get to the back’, ‘get off my face’, ‘if you lift your fingers, I’ll make sure to either get your head off here or send you to prison’, and so on and so on (you get the tone).  Four things you will have to remember: one, you will say it loud and clearly, don’t give any explanation; two, you will look directly into his eyes, don’t shift; three, you may need to all stand up, if necessary.  At any small sign of aggression from the other party, call Police immediately (you will have to report clearly and directly to let police know that you are assaulted).  You may have to ask these brothers to company you there for several times until you are strong enough to deal with it yourself.

4.        I would suggest that you get the farm owner involved.  Clearly get him/her know the severity of the problem, his responsibility and consequences.   If the owner is an Indian, none of you should continue to work there, right now.  Why so many Chinese have problem supporting Chinese business (you would often curse and kick to Chinese business, right?) and endure so much to contribute to non-Chinese business?

5.        I have been very disappointed at what happened, I mean the fact that you have let it happened.  This is not the Chinese I know who have a lot of common sense.  And what you have done and are planning to do will not help to gain back much Chinese pride you lost.  Stop being passive and stop feeling morally superior by choosing to be a victim.

May God bless all Chinese!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-14 14:39 | 只看该作者
“勇气”不是用来打仗的,是促你拿起法律的武器,“理性”地捍卫权益的。不要误读“勇气”二字!!!!!!!

学法、用法,“法”直气壮,绝不要违法!!!!!!

我们讲法讲理,不再依重于“人多势众”,法比“众”大,法比“众”管用!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

要冷静,要理性。宁可缓一点,也不要冲动。我已朝“理性解决”的方向迈出一步。请不要请不要越过我!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-14 17:54 | 只看该作者
I'm in a one-hour class break, typing the following words on a library computer.

I read carefully Sanjiehao's message, though this is not a comforting one and there is some misunderstanding, which can be cleared if San reads my starting message in more detail. But, despite all of these, this article's principle, criticism, and advises are pretty much constructive and actually fix up part of our blind-points. I urge all my brothers and sisters read it and retrospect our ideas and plans.

The very point I have been meditating over hours is the approach we are taking. Is chinese dignity built up on the basis of a collective movement or each individual's behavior? In canada, what is the powerful and immediate way to return a indecent behavior towards an individual? Keep in mind that Chinese convention doesn't work here, which may well incur vital misreading and then lead to serious results.

How to react to an assault? By and large, I hold the same thoughts as San's, which he pictures detailedly in the 3rd paragraph.

Combining San and many other's idea with my own's, I'm thinking that each chinese will have to protect his or her own rights individually. Otherwise, how can a single one survive the society! It follows that despite the fact that we're on the right side, many of us lack the couragement to cry out it when facing the bullies. We need some samples. I, without any doubt, will play a part.

Time for class. See you.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2003-8-14 19:59 | 只看该作者
Wei Quan:
可能有人透露了风声!今天老板娘安排了另外的两量车运送人员,每人一座,决不拥挤!而且明天老板娘讲取消除草,这样座位会空出很多,可能她已经知道这次行动或真正感觉到抢座给他带来的后果!
作为排队的组织者,我建议明天的行动待观察再定,以免尴尬!
明早见!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 13:34 , Processed in 0.043564 second(s), 38 queries .