租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: aigle1234
打印 上一主题 下一主题

我想转行学会计

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
发表于 2007-2-11 17:06 | 只看该作者
Post by newcamember
Finance is also related to accounting but salary is higher than accounting. My classmate (CFA plus CMA) works in TD Toronto. The salary is around 100K.

thank u so much, newcamember,  for your valuable information, esp. your personal experience.

since your classmate has two titles of CFA and of CMA, i think it's logical to have a higher salary. but i guess she or he must spend more time to get there than others who hold only one title.

but, what do u think of finance as an independant specialty? not combining with any other major such as accounting.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2007-2-11 17:18 | 只看该作者
i have to thank u again.

since there is no difference in job opportunity for these two programs on question, perhaps there exists a big difference in the time spent when taking the one or the other way.
a mcgill diploma in accounting plus a ca program contains 60 credits of studies, but a bachelor and a ca prgram 130 credits. with consideration of difficulties in accounting itself plus the toughness of language which is not our mother tongue, taking the second way perhaps means five years full-time studies. don't mention the prerequisite to sit for the ca exams, like stage. so the second way must be longer.

Post by newcamember
To diorlancome
1, No difference in job opportunity for the two programs. The diplona in McGIll plus CA program is the shortest way for the CA designation but still need 5 years. My major was computer (ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<ST1:place w:st="on">China</ST1:place></st1:country-region>). When I made decision to pursue CA I thought 3 year will be ok but I took 5 years ( I passed UFE at the first try). Any designation need 5-6 year's hard working.fficeffice" /><O:p></O:p>
2. 85% CA firm in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Montreal</ST1:place></st1:City> need french<O:p></O:p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2007-2-11 17:59 | 只看该作者
although your answer is not destined to me, i want to air my thoughts.

as chinese, we usually care about the problem of age much more than the local people do. if there is an alternative way in which we can achieve the same social and economic level we hope to reach, when making a big decision like this, there will be no discussion about this topic.

the age is a big problem, but since we have no substituted way to reach our goal without spending too much time, we take it and we assume the consequences this will bring upon us.(because we have no choice.)

that's the difference between an immigrant and a quebecer.

that's also why the immigrants from the developping countries need five or six years to achieve the same level of the average canadian level. to prouve this point, u can ask your colleague's wife how her parents make a living.

language, of couse, is another big problem. i guess most of our chinese have made an interesting but desperate observation about our linguistic capacity and other peoples' : people from Africa speak french or english; people from the south america and the east of europe learn french or english quickly and efficiently. but why not us? since we perhaps spend much more time on it and we are extremely motivated. no chance, since we don't come from the same alphabetic system.
chinese people who don't want to study french usaully hold an understanding attitude of hatred towards the french language.

here, i guess that bilingual capability is necessary to get a good job in Quebec in most of cases. to achieve this, the old wisdom seems useful: hard working and good practice.

anyway, i still think the specialty is much more important than language skills, since 56 percent of quebec population are bilingual.  a period of five or six years cannot gurantee that we could have a desired level of language skills, but this time is enough for us to have a professional title and who cannot agree that our lenguage level will be better, thanks probably to our intensive studies and stages.

Post by Alan2u
我鼓励你一下。 年龄不是问题。双语才是大问题!我一同事的老婆,大约44左右,医学管理本科才毕业,今年找到一份医院的管理工作,时薪28元。这人从来没有在医院工作过,做过收银,做过房地产,但她在这里长大的,印度人。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2007-2-18 19:58 | 只看该作者
如果只是学了training , 那就意味着没有资格参加CA, CGA 的考试, 天啊。:confused:
Post by llnn
鉴于没有CA愿意回答问题, 我就讲讲我的认识
ca, cga, cma 是加拿大的会计注册师,由于以前有众多的规定和协会交叉管理, 所以在历年的整合中, 官方正式定了3个承认的注册证, 这3个从逻辑上是同等的,但在实际应用中却差的很远,各自有所侧重,占领不同的方面.一言概之,ca 有签上市公司报表的权利,所以权威大,收入高.cma偏成本核算和管理, 有些公司的老总都挂cma的头衔,所以有假借头衔之嫌.cga是真正的会计,g就是general, 有些省的cga也开始签上市公司年报了.总之这些协会经常吵架,谁也不买谁的帐,这也就难怪会计法每年修改增加,没完没了.
我个人的见解是中国人最好学cga, 因为语言问题我们永远也做不了大公司的第一会计主管,所以放弃ca吧,甚至连中层的管理人员也做不了,因为你的语言吵不了架,也管不了人,所以也放弃cma吧.
还有考这些证投入很大,就象中国的考证一样, 考证的辅导班不便宜,还有每年的会费.拖的时间很长,我是中国会计的本科,就这样我还的修至少25门必修课(HEC),参加2门协会考试,实习1-2年,最后才可拿证.所以这是上贼船.
最后告诉大家一个乐观的消息, 会计是好找工作,(我才修了9门课,已经找到工作了),training 工资2500$左右, 大学30000$以上, 有证(titre)40000以上.
还有一难,会计80%的岗位都要求双语,你做好准备了吗?
抱歉那么多娃娃头, 我儿子干的,否则我可能就写不完这些话了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2007-2-19 19:16 | 只看该作者
必须是会计或者商科的本科学历? 工程类的可以参加吗?
Post by muller
1.CA不好考。不知道和中国的CPA比起来那个难。其实CA的通过率还挺高的,好像在70%以上(national)。
2。在魁省考CA, 必须读一个CA program才有资格参加考试, 30个学分,一般两年读完。这个program是在本科或同等学历之后才能申请的。
3。你可以读本科或是继续教育的diploma of accounting. 学校的网站上什么都有。

要成为CA的话,工作一定没有问题。因为只是通过考试还不能成为CA, 只有满足工作经验的要求后才能成为CA, 所以是先有工作,然后才能成为CA.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2007-2-20 12:50 | 只看该作者
我觉得不仅仅是时间长短的问题,语言、天分。。。中国人学会计的很多了,有多少人过了拿到什么a的证?我觉得比例可能不高(没依据,只是感觉),也许大部分人学白头、累吐血也弄不下来。知道本科毕业有做bookkeeper和在办公室打杂的,工资相当于labour水平;稍好一点的工资大约3-40k。传说中的年薪100k, 拿大笔签上市公司报表的CA没见过一个,我考,那得啥水平啊,我从心里仰慕,语言、业务不说了;领导一个小组,和成员、客户沟通,控制项目进度、预算,咨询报告。一提报告头都大了,那可是点灯熬油,尿都憋黄了的活儿。100k年薪,你准备好了吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2007-2-20 13:35 | 只看该作者
说个不一样的看法.跟风走有的时候是适应潮流,有的时候就是盲从,比如一窝风得移民,一窝风得海待,一窝风得来QUEBEC,一窝风得学这学那...

首先要明白自己想要什么样的生活,然后是要具备什么样的能力,再是根据自身条件(如经历,毅力,吃苦能力...)决定做什么,最后还要看所选择的地方是不是真得值得留下来做.没有一样专业,一样工作或一种生活是高于或低于其他人的.也不能简单得拿现在式看将来式.行行出状元,出人才.做好了决定就要坚持不渝,别人没达到的不一定你就达不到,别人达到的你将来若没达到,但为此奋斗了,也不枉亏这一生.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2007-2-21 01:28 | 只看该作者
Post by luftballon
说个不一样的看法.跟风走有的时候是适应潮流,有的时候就是盲从,比如一窝风得移民,一窝风得海待,一窝风得来QUEBEC,一窝风得学这学那...

首先要明白自己想要什么样的生活,然后是要具备什么样的能力,再是根据自身条件(如经历,毅力,吃苦能力...)决定做什么,最后还要看所选择的地方是不是真得值得留下来做.没有一样专业,一样工作或一种生活是高于或低于其他人的.也不能简单得拿现在式看将来式.行行出状元,出人才.做好了决定就要坚持不渝,别人没达到的不一定你就达不到,别人达到的你将来若没达到,但为此奋斗了,也不枉亏这一生.

thanks for your remarks.

we really dislike following others aimlessly without further thinking. so we spent nearly two months collecting all the information, studying every program available in cegeps, universities and professional training schools.  and we even had an intention not to look for information about accounting, for we knew there was a large chinese population who has already been engaged in this way.
but every time we consult employquebec or other sites, there are always much more offers in this field. so we started to pay attention to this...

we still have no answer. anyway, we will make several choices and wait to see what will happen... let the nature take its course.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2007-2-21 01:33 | 只看该作者
Post by gzlxy
Your wife is 25 years. Why don't you have a baby? Why don't you open your own business?

In my opinion, Studying for a CA/CPA is just a waste of time, because if you want to be a financial director, you should work as a accounting firstly, you should have at lease 5-10 years work experence, you should have the communication ability, you should have the good relationship with the CEO.

Try and get your own business even it is small at first.

really good points. i totally agree with u as to starting a business.
sooner or later, we will do business. but i prefer to have a good job first, then start our business at the same time.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2007-2-22 11:37 | 只看该作者
thanks for your replies.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-24 10:48 , Processed in 0.048863 second(s), 34 queries .