租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: aigle1234
打印 上一主题 下一主题

我想转行学会计

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
21#
发表于 2007-2-10 01:22 | 只看该作者
In my opinion, there are no differeces in the 3 designations for chinese. At the end of this year,  CGA/CMA Q will be a authorized public accounting body to issue public accounting permit to qualified members . Most chinese CA/CGA/CMA can not hit the average salary of 3 designation ( CA more than 100K, CGA/CMA 80-90K) because of language. In montreal, The salary is B/W 45 -70K for chinese professions.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2007-2-10 02:04 | 只看该作者
thank you all for this information.
it seems that access to every professional body in Quebec is difficult.

to Ilnn, newcamember,muler...
i still have several questions to ask.

1, many people take the accounting program of one year in Mcgill (continuing education). but after have finished this program, how many courses do they need to complete before taking the professional program of one year? if they have no accounting background.

2, what do you think between taking a bachelor and a one-year short program of mcgill? what are their advantages and disadvantages?

3, if i want to stay in Montreal after my studies, which do you think better between taking an accounting program in english or an equivalent program in french? tell me which language do the professionals use more often in this field in montreal?

4, the professional program of one year has a quota  and is selective with consideration of excellence of academic records or bachelor holders can be admitted into this program automatically?

if possible, please answer us. thank u so much.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2007-2-10 10:26 | 只看该作者
1, For CA, you can be accepted by CA program after graduating from diploma in accounting -McGill.
For CGA/CMA, you should take other 6-8 courses to qualify the education program.
By the way,  I donot think you can finish the program -diploma in accounting in one year.
2, No difference. Most chinese professions (Montreal) graduated from the two programs. My path is: Diploma in accounting McGill and CA program Concordia. I took 5 year to get the designation.
3, Definitely, Go to French U. If you speak English, you  have only 10-15% oppportunity unless your English is perfect
4,For CA program, If you hold a Bac and all accounting core courses  hit B-, you can be admited. The big program is how to graduate. At least 30-40% students can not finish the program ( possibly, my data is wrong)  

Post by diorlancome
thank you all for this information.
it seems that access to every professional body in Quebec is difficult.

to Ilnn, newcamember,muler...
i still have several questions to ask.

1, many people take the accounting program of one year in Mcgill (continuing education). but after have finished this program, how many courses do they need to complete before taking the professional program of one year? if they have no accounting background.

2, what do you think between taking a bachelor and a one-year short program of mcgill? what are their advantages and disadvantages?

3, if i want to stay in Montreal after my studies, which do you think better between taking an accounting program in english or an equivalent program in french? tell me which language do the professionals use more often in this field in montreal?

4, the professional program of one year has a quota and is selective with consideration of excellence of academic records or bachelor holders can be admitted into this program automatically?

if possible, please answer us. thank u so much.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2007-2-10 11:11 | 只看该作者

一半中国人在学会计,学出来的有多少?

我们的确知道有许多中国人在学会计,但是三年本科下来,每课的成绩都要在平均分以上才能参加CA,CMA或CGA的考试,单这一关就能淘汰许多人。有人说中国人数学好,学会计没有问题,可是会计不单是数学,还有很多法律、管理等方面的课程,写论文是常事,语言不好轻易拿不下来。考试分理论考试和实践考试,在大学本科或相当学历完成以后的实习阶段进行。考CA有六次机会,朋友的朋友在麦大学会计,考了四次CA都没过,还再努力中。所以会计真不是对什么人来说都合适的选择,大家要慎而又慎。别光想着会计这行收入又高,又风光就大喊“我爱会计”,问题是“会计爱你”吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2007-2-10 14:27 | 只看该作者
thank u so much, newcamember and joel.

to newcamember,

1, as to my second question, could you make some more details? what do u mean by saying 'no difference'?

since a bachelor program takes usually three years and a diploma in accounting one year (perhaps one and half year because of his toughness), the time we used to finish all the requested core courses is totally different according to what we will choose.

a bachelor has about one hundred credits and a diploma thirty credits. after have finished this program of base, we need to take that ca program of thirty credits.

so one path requests at least 130 credits, another demands 60 credits. so it's totally different?

does this make difference only because you have an accounting background and you have proceded to the evalutation of equivalence, so you were spared of a part of the core couses?

2, as to the language preference, what do you mean by saying '10-15 percent of opportunity'? u talk of professional exams or professional pratice? or just of job chances?

to joel,

thank u for your suggestions. we know it's difficult, so we try to understand the consequences and possiblities we will have if we make a choice.

there are a large bilingual (both mother tongue) popluation in montreal who work in every field, and they have a clear cut over us, allogphones.
so we think that the only difference we can make to our future is to make us specialized in some field, so increase our added value.

i have been engaged in another long way (three years) towards the membership of a professional odre.
i know it's not very easy to get a straight A or even B in univeristy. but the problem is that if we don't try, we would never know we could make it.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2007-2-10 14:34 | 只看该作者
also another question to ask newcamember,

what do u think a master of finance? since u work as accountant, i guess u perhaps know sth. about this, for they are related?

your answer will be of importance for us. thanks.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2007-2-10 16:27 | 只看该作者
补充一下:

CA是DESS,算研究生学历。前3年的课程和CGA完全一样。但是要求平均成绩接近B+,也就是3.2/4.3。光通过CA考试就够难的,考完还要工作年限才能拿证。说句泄气的话,中国人连找个CA的实习单位都够呛,别说找工作了。我的同学会计科班出身,法语不错,想找个事务所实习,都1年了还没门。

CMA考试对中国人更难,主要是语言。因为其中一项就象国内的论文答辩,据我们老师讲,就是本地人也很多考生常常会被问得在台上3-4分钟说不出话来。

会计好找工作和薪水不错是事实,但是我想主要还是针对本地人吧。我认识的几个讲西班牙语和罗马尼亚语的本科毕业了半年都还没找到工作,人家的语言可是相对比中国人强的。

数学好和念会计没什么关系,其实数学好应该去学金融和精算。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 2007-2-11 02:20 | 只看该作者
Finance is also related to accounting but salary is higher than accounting. My classmate (CFA plus CMA) works in TD Toronto. The salary is around 100K.
Post by diorlancome
also another question to ask newcamember,

what do u think a master of finance? since u work as accountant, i guess u perhaps know sth. about this, for they are related?

your answer will be of importance for us. thanks.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2007-2-11 02:55 | 只看该作者
To diorlancome
1, No difference in job opportunity for the two programs. The diplona in McGIll plus CA program is the shortest way for the CA designation but still need 5 years. My major was computer (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">China</st1:place></st1:country-region>). When I made decision to pursue CA I thought 3 year will be ok but I took 5 years ( I passed UFE at the first try). Any designation need 5-6 year's hard working.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
2. 85% CA firm in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Montreal</st1:place></st1:City> need french<o:p></o:p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2007-2-11 09:46 | 只看该作者
我鼓励你一下。 年龄不是问题。双语才是大问题!我一同事的老婆,大约44左右,医学管理本科才毕业,今年找到一份医院的管理工作,时薪28元。这人从来没有在医院工作过,做过收银,做过房地产,但她在这里长大的,印度人。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-25 14:50 , Processed in 0.049798 second(s), 34 queries .