租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 638|回复: 4

GOOD LUCK,Would you answer my some questions

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
发表于 2001-4-18 03:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Hello GOOD LUCK,

I have something unclear,please help me.
1.To my understanding,If I stay in Canada for half a year,then I return back to China for half a year,in this way,for three years,I will be eligible to apply Canadian citizenship,is it right?
2.For my son,he is 8 now,We will go to Canada together in July,and then we want him to be back to China for further studying of Chinese for at least 2-3 years.He can not be staying in Canada in this period,and if he will be back to Canada before 14 years old,he won't lose the status,yes?
3.For my husband,as he has some business in China,he will manage to get the returning permit,but if he fail to get it,and he has no reason to certify himself,and if he lose the LP status,would it be affect me and my son?

Thanks for your attention,GOOD LUCK.
发表于 2001-4-18 08:23 | 显示全部楼层
i can give you the anwser
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.he should apply for 返加证 if he can't ,he will lose his status.but it will not effect you or your son,even though he is the main applicant.After you land in Canada ,you are equal.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2001-4-18 19:29 | 显示全部楼层
1. NO

Three years indicates the period you stay
at here (Canada ). It doesn't mean the period that starts from your landing. You have to stay at Canada three years to get your citizen ship ! You can go back to China,
but that period will not be included in "three years"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2001-4-19 19:31 | 显示全部楼层
Attention!!!----3 years should be the accumulation of the dates you stay in Canada. You are still the permanent resident but not eligible to apply for citizenship.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2001-4-20 14:52 | 显示全部楼层
The correct answer for citizenship is the following:
You must have lived in Canada for at least three years out of the four years right before the day you apply. For example, if you are applying for citizenship on 1 June 1997, we will count back to 1 June 1993. The time you spent in Canada BEFORE you became a resident will be counted as half time only if it happened within these four years. All the time you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as full time. If you came to Canada on a visa (for example on a student or work visa) before becoming a permanent resident, you may call the nearest Call Centre (see below for the numbers) to find out when you can apply for citizenship.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-18 19:52 , Processed in 0.041456 second(s), 39 queries .