租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: Jackychen
打印 上一主题 下一主题

MCGILL 的MBA 到底如何?!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
51#
发表于 2003-4-21 22:04 | 只看该作者
Hi Jacky,

Save your hard-earned bucks for something other than MBA. I was an MBA from Ivey, and I would like to share some truth with you:

1) Ivey WAS prestigious...it turns somehow to be a cheaper one these years. 90% of our Chinese graduate fellows over there are still doing the same full-time job: looking for a job! Please face the naked, scary truth! DO NOT believe the nonsense that you may make your 60 grands back soon after you holding an IVEY!

2) McGill is more famous than Concordia, though the ranking for Concordia goes up these few years while that of McGill goes down. There is a guy saying Concordia is ranked 5th in CA for the average GMAT of its students, better than that of McGill. I read this from a Canadian news. It may be truth. And both are inexpensive and worth to go.

3) UofT used to take on fewer than 100 students each term. Now they have more than hundreds of Chinese students there. Thanks for their high GMAT scores. Local firms look down on Chinese for many reasons (some subjective but some objective) during the on-campus recruiting.

4) We always hear some news in these catagory: a Harvard Chinese girl goes back to China after her graduation, for the purpose of contributing her motherland. Again, DO NOT believe the crap! She would have stuck on a non-decent job if only she were regarded qualified!

5) I read the news from MBA magazine the other day: one girl from Stanford and another girl from Columbia, both local whites and MBAs, opened an underwear store. Why they are doing these if only they have a chance to do others? Why bother? Why did't they put the money for MBA in the bra shop two years ago?

Think about it.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

52#
发表于 2003-4-21 22:14 | 只看该作者
one more thing, there won't be any Havard MBA logging on this website. anyone who is with decnt job or formal business would not waste time here. They lied just because they like to do so, and with which they may comfort themselves.

A-Q said: I was much richer in the past. would you believe that?

But for the purpose of making yourself more educated about the free capitalist world, you may pick anyone in Canada. At least they are much better than those offering "Deng's Theory" or "Three Examples" in our home land.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

53#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-22 17:14 | 只看该作者
Perfect opinions! Your postings make me believe that  MBAs from Ivey are outstanding and studying in Ivey is still worthwhile !
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

54#
发表于 2003-4-25 14:27 | 只看该作者
Jackychen, can you tell me which one you decided to go, Ivey or McGill? Thanks
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

55#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-29 18:24 | 只看该作者
I will tell everyone my decision later. Just guess it now!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

56#
发表于 2003-4-30 01:23 | 只看该作者
It's so hot here.     I found you guys enjoy talking about the ranking of MBA in montreal. In my opinion, it is insignificant at all, because none of them is in the top 10 in north america. The opportunity,therefor, is the same to the MBAs from either McGill, Concordia, or HEC, no matter they are going to go back to china, or stay here for personal development. It is known that the reputation of the school and the communication skills mostly determine a MBA's future. Going backing to China? Communication is not a problem to most of us. You would be, of course, extremely desirable if you got a MBA from one of the top 10 schools in the world, like Harvard. (but not the fraud one like Money Laundry's  wink  ). Most people know harvard. As to HEC, McGill or Concordia, there is not a big difference, since few people in china know them (Maybe concordia is known well than McGill and HEC, because sometimes the ad that Concordia is recruiting international students are seen on newspapes or the internet.) Are you going to show the chinese employers the ranking of MBA in canada or ask them to search it on line?  If you are planning stay here, there is also not a problem for a Harvard MBA. Otherwise, you have to think carefully about your communication ability not the ranking. Actually, I am taking the MBA program in HEC, and I love it. My communication skills are really improved there. The ranking? who cares?  :p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

57#
发表于 2003-4-30 09:14 | 只看该作者
Loser. Your absolutely idiotic behavior is always understood and forgiven with a harvard-educated smile.  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

58#
发表于 2003-4-30 14:30 | 只看该作者
聽說有校友的POST﹐來看一下。"Member # 15988", 你是哪一年的﹖如需要幫助﹐可聯絡本地校友會﹐另外我也很樂意幫忙。你可以在校友網上查到聯絡方法。
[url=\"http://billjlee.spaces.live.com/\"]http://billjlee.spaces.live.com/[/url]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

59#
发表于 2003-4-30 15:38 | 只看该作者
Look at Money daundry's so-called Harvard-educated smile    ! How ugly! Isn't that a mad disowned dog's face? No wonder it barks all the time.  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

60#
发表于 2003-4-30 21:26 | 只看该作者
Dear Bill Lee

I grad in 2001. Maybe we know (or recognize) each other. No need to bother the alumni...it doesn't help at all anyway. The only one who is obligated to help myself is myself. Wish you luck, my Ivey fellow.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 05:57 , Processed in 0.044198 second(s), 38 queries .