[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
发表于 2003-4-8 00:30 | 只看该作者
各位老兄,请问IVEY是什么学校?wade76兄说它比McGill还有名,真的假的?恕小弟愚鲁,来加2年还未听过此学校,清指点一二
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2003-4-8 00:39 | 只看该作者
IVEY没听过?它是西安大略大学商学院的名字。这可是加拿大的当之无愧的第一商学院啊.排在世界20左右,不过在广大加拿大移民的哄抬下它的录取标准绝对可以进世界前十了现在.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2003-4-8 13:18 | 只看该作者
Delamontagne,你好!
我现住在蒙特利尔,如方便的话,请留下你的电话在我的EMAIL:kevinleebin@hotmail.com中,我会打电话给你。多谢!   
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2003-4-8 20:46 | 只看该作者
ok, it seems that the debating has yet come to an end. No doube for me that Jackychen will make a final decison to go to Mcgill if time is not an issue for him,- 24 months there.
    But what i ( one of the immigrants and would-be MBAs)am fascinated with is the aspects upon which those guys judged , as well as the psychology they showed in the process.I might take a leave to say that someone sounded like a hypicrite,and someone a cynic, but stil some hardheaded guys.
    Some of the points were really plausible if they were not impressed me finally that i was reading a dialogue in a primary shool textbook: blindmen and an elephant.
    There is little wonder that Rotman and Ivey enjoy the highest reputation IN CANADA and also boast the prohibitively expensive tuition. And for Finance, Rotman B-school ranking the No.7th worldwide. Will you major in finance as well as be financially sound? Hither you go! Profound working experience( north america) you have and leadership you manifest,Ivey might a right niche.

If you are not so, and you cherish reputation too, mcgill is a state-of-the-art choice, on the condition that you are competant and accepted.This is not everyone's share.

John molson, just as Shulich Bschool, has knit relationship with local business lines and offers practical courses, and desperately protests its ranking and quality. Both of the two distinguish themself from their Universities. And a god-blessed merit to study MBA in Montreal is the reasonablye tution as long with the relatively high quality.

I have known some Chinese Graduates from Western and U of T MBA in Toronto,rarely have them found jobs they are supposed to do. And one ( form york, i believe,)even drives a taxi, not to thrill you.

Are those Chinese MBAs (not all) really not qualified to grace the North America Business arena? or if you go to a top-ten or second to the top-twenty MBA  you will?  Where is the rub? isn't it depends on yourself or your mastery of English or French?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2003-4-8 22:13 | 只看该作者
Guru, Good points!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2003-4-8 23:47 | 只看该作者
Guru's points do make sense.In fact, Canandian's universities are still a bit "unknown"for most Chinese people,even though those top B-schools such as Rotman or Ivey.Everyone wants to be an upstart after obtaining a decent MBA degree,but ROI is still taken into account.Imagine that you will pay back your loan in 6 months after graduation,and you will fully understand the importance of a good job. In this sense,McGill is a good "deal".
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2003-4-9 10:17 | 只看该作者
" I have known some Chinese Graduates from Western and U of T MBA in Toronto,rarely have them found jobs they are supposed to do. And one ( form york, i believe,)even drives a taxi, not to thrill you. "

See what kind of friends you have! pathetic.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2003-4-9 11:23 | 只看该作者
Money Laundry, you only choose those "winners" as your friends? Then your friends will consider you a loser, right? Haha.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2003-4-9 12:55 | 只看该作者
Money Laundry, a cynic from your pseudonym, forget the name, we can coexist, can't we?

Anyway,did i ever say that they are my friends? But even if they were, i would still be proud of my friends. I did meet a couple of them, they are very strong in their major and background,but I have to say that two years of MBA study is not enough to polish up their English to be both colloquial and articulate if they were not good enough at the beginning or had not been conscious to enhance it. What's more, here is Canada, not China,with someone still sticking to their comfortable habits, such as smacking their mouths while eating,let alone to count more, would you think they could make others as comfortable as they are while, i mean ONCE, they were senior managers?

What i want to put here is that none of the B-schools teaches you immigrant MBA,- it is youselves that matters; that don't blame Hec or John molson for not giving you skills,-there are lots of Americans and Canadians in John molson MBA and they never complained that there are some Chinese to be their classmate,( my roommate is studying there); and that it is the Chinese who despise Chinese, in fact, themselves. PATHETIC, indeed.

It is said that there are around 40 percent Chinese in Ivey  and rotman MBA in recently two years,so some Chinese concluded that this is the reason that Ivey failed to rank as 15th as before. Disparaging, i believe.

why not encourage each other and help each other warmly in the Chinese community to eke out a stong living instead of a sparse living in this cold land.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2003-4-9 13:00 | 只看该作者
WoW, wanna play the winner-loser game? YOU CAN NEVER WIN.......hehe, Did I ever try to identify a loser here?  I can't remember. If I did, you should be the first on my list. ...and it's good to see you laughing, laughing is good, just hope you could laugh a lot, and last longer.  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 03:20 , Processed in 0.047227 second(s), 38 queries .