租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: huqijun

想去麦大学医

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
 楼主| 发表于 2003-3-20 14:52 | 显示全部楼层
to wwwjjjqqqq:我的想法和你一样,现在正在申请预科,想一边读college一边准备MCAT。两年后申请医学院。不过听说学医过程中还有不少说道,还是在申请前多了解为好。欢迎常联系。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-3-20 14:53 | 显示全部楼层
to jasperlin:
你所说的medical passion指的是什么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-3-20 23:28 | 显示全部楼层
to wwwjjjqqq & huqijun;

Trust me. It is very difficult to get into med school in Canada. If you have money, try the States.

Lots of my undergrad friends in Science Faculty at McGill tried very hard to apply for med schools. Some do succeed (they went to Alberta, Queen's, McMaster and Toronto. since they are not quebec residents, they all get rejected by McGill. only 2 spots available for out-of-province Canadian students), while some fails after several final-round interviews. All of them have pretty impressive background, nearly prefect GPA, very good MCAT score, part-time working experience in medical research lab, lots of voluneering in local/foreign communities and hospitals, several school/national awards. Here I haven't even mentioned so many students giving up during their four year studies.

It would be really nice to see Chinese immigrants can catch the spot in Canadian med schools.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-3-29 12:50 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot for your advice,PHANTOM.
I am an immigrant and most importantly,I am only 19.I see no point why I don't give a try ,provided i have already received 4-year education abroad.I dont' have to be rich but i have the passion.BTW,I am gonna study Health Science in the college and thereafter applying to Med-P Programme won't be too tough for me.
Don't forget.Med-P prefer those who have medical background.Thus,Cegep is the best choice .
Good luck!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-3-29 13:55 | 显示全部楼层
Stupid!!!  

wwwjjjqqq, you are just SO stupid.....
who do you think you gonna be?  

McGill Med School ranks the third in N.America, Who do you think you are?

I saw SO many people trying to get in McGill Med. They all have a 4.0 GPA, and , finally......

finish Cegep first lar, fool!

See you here, at McGill.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-3-29 14:39 | 显示全部楼层
wwwjjjqqq,

well, try hard to get into pre-med program, which makes you a lot easier apply for Canadian Med Schools. It saves you two years (normally you need a B.Sc. degree to apply for med school) but for pre-med program you just need to finish two years university studies then as long as you perform well in the program you go directly to med schools. I am sure you should know that in your cegep program.

Don't forget to do some non-academic activities (i mentioned before). It is equally important for your med application. At this point, I think you still have a long way to meet your end. So good luck and keep cool.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-3-29 15:05 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks so much,phantom.
I will take note of your advice.It's still a long to go for me,but I am confident.
BUT,walmart,I don't know what kind of people you are!If you yourself can't make it,then shut up,looking at others who have the determination.
I have a Taiwanese friend in the Med faculty now.Fortunately,she never saw your words.
Please remember,impossible for you may be possible for others.And please stop turning a cold shoulder to me.Why can't you encourage me like my other friends do?
Can't the Chinese be confident?
And throughout my four years in Singapore, I was always the top in the level.I was also the top scorer for English Literature.Was that also impossible for you?I am not being vain but I trust in my capabilities.
Thank you!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-4-3 21:06 | 显示全部楼层
going back to china for your medical doctor dream is not a bad idea!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-4-3 23:56 | 显示全部楼层
My goodness!Another discourager here.Can't anyone give me some encouragement,PLEASE........................
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-4-4 04:55 | 显示全部楼层
走自己的路,让别人说去... ... Anyway, you're still young, and you have time. They are jealous about you...just let the acid walmart alone! Do what you have decided and talk less, I'm sure you'll succeed!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-3-29 10:08 , Processed in 0.047396 second(s), 38 queries .