租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: cocomagic
打印 上一主题 下一主题

McGill Undergraduate

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
21#
发表于 2002-7-31 02:53 | 只看该作者
~~ I am so glad to see you all guys here, I have got admission from Uvic, SFU, ALBERTA, and McGill. And now I feel more confident to choose McGill, because I can meet so many people. I think you all have similar feelings. We may get together during orienation or other chances. And now I am still in vancouver island, I may be there around August 10, may we contact by Email? my email address is echo_xzj@hotmail.com. Looking forward of seeing you guys soon, by the way, my major is Second year Computer Science program, I have transfered some courses there. ^^
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

riccifey 该用户已被删除
22#
发表于 2002-8-1 00:13 | 只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2002-8-1 05:27 | 只看该作者
有谁知道,是不是MCGILL对读UNDERGRANDUATE的人有年龄限制?听说工作五年以上就很难被录取,有这回事吗? 有没有知道大龄知青上本科?没办法,学一行不爱一行。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2002-8-2 22:57 | 只看该作者
SJY~~
undergraduate新生什么时候能用Minerva??:O
:)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2002-8-3 02:38 | 只看该作者
According to the hand book and web, new student begin to use Minerva to register course from August 6th to September 3rd, you id and password is on your admission letter. good luck
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2002-8-3 19:31 | 只看该作者
thanx daibird  :p
i also got the same information that i can just use the MINERVA after 6,Aug. from the hand book
i just wonder why i can not use it earlier ,as it's so easy and convenient ~~~ :p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2002-8-3 23:26 | 只看该作者
Daibird's information is correct. This is the first year McGill students use MINERVA. You are lucky, previous we use a very inconvienent telephone registry system called MARS. Anyway, the reason for freshman later registry is simple, McGill let returning students select course first in order to finish their program on time. You will have your piority when you are a senior.
I still suggest all of you do not choose courses too early. Because, techonically, you need your advisor's approval on you study plan before selecting any course. Also if you pass any placement test, certainly, you cannot take that course for credit. The result of placement test turns out pretty late. Please remember this, any changes of courses registry, such as drop a course, change sections, may cost you around 30 bucks.
Maybe I should not mention this, if a course is essential for you program and you cannot regist in, go to your advisor for help. In one of my advisors word "I can make them add you in any course, any section you want get in" Actually, I did that two times. Sometimes an advisor's note is more powerful than the computer system and some silly regualtions. Don't worry.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 2002-8-4 02:28 | 只看该作者
hi, sjy    I send you an email, have you got it?  I also have a question, I plan to go to McGill at August 14th, is it too late to apply for C.A.Q and registar courses? usually when can I see and talk to an advisor?  good luck to all of you guys, wish we can see each other in McGill campus  :rolleyes:  My email address is echo_xzj@hotmail.com
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2002-8-5 23:34 | 只看该作者
I got your mail. It is not too late for you coming. Don't worry about CAQ, when you arrive, it only takes you one morning to get it. You probably will meet you advisor, who will help you choose courses, in the orientation week.
Good Luck
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2002-8-6 21:47 | 只看该作者
to daibird,
give me a shout when u r in department. i will stay in my cs department doing grad study after 4 yrs playing around campus.  wink   probably will TAing some courses to have a fun   
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 18:05 , Processed in 0.046899 second(s), 40 queries .