租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: cocomagic
打印 上一主题 下一主题

McGill Undergraduate

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
11#
发表于 2002-7-23 20:05 | 只看该作者
Hi guys,
Great to see you guys.         It seems we can organize a soccer team. Anyway, first thing you need to do is carefully going throw everything you received in the package from McGill. They provide much more infornmation than I can. Second, do not worry about the course selection too much. Your advisor will help you out. Also you have to formally regist in McGill before using Minerva. For new management students, I do have a sense which course to choose. Please list the major and program ( 90 or 120 credits ) you are going to enroll in, then I may have something to tell. Sorry I am not familiar with the science facaulty.
For the placement tests, you should book it by phone before taking it. Certainly there is a deadline. Sorry I can't remember it and the phone number. But I am sure you can find all those in the WELCOME TO MCGILL or other booklet for new students. The orientation week for all faculty starts in the last week of August. There should be lots of fun.
Maybe, if it is convienent, we can arrange a time to grab a cup of coffee.
Cheers
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2002-7-24 09:54 | 只看该作者
allo evrybody ~
seems that out topic become hoter n hoter~~~` :p
and i got more and more questions at the moment that i got more and more information here  :p
every time i would like to thank sjy as he(she)gives us so much help~~~~~
great ~! if i pass any course of placement test ,i gonna got the credits and skip it ~~~~~~~~~that really saves a lot of time ~~~~~~~ wink
hehe ~~ now i think i should be a SUPER-HARDWORKER~~ :p  
well ,btw,when everyone have a free time ,i agree with sjy that to gather together and have a cup of cafe  :p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2002-7-24 14:33 | 只看该作者
another useful tip... the first, yet most important thing to do on campus is trying to find locations of each washroom in every building   wink   some buildings(e.g. Leacock etc.) are not very obvious to find those rooms. Good Luck!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2002-7-25 15:18 | 只看该作者
hehe, i'm so happy to meet you guys here. and thank you so much, sjy@#@, your information helps me a lot. It's a good idea that we have a cup of coffee some day together.
and another question, what's the difference between frosh and orientation?? confused about that.....   
cocomagic, come on!!!!! I believe that you can manage your program very well. Take it easy.
Have a nice day, everyone!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 2002-7-25 15:29 | 只看该作者
In short, orientation is for serious school issues, like course registry, study plan, etc. frosh is just for fun.
Only one side effect for placement test, if you pass one of those, though you exempt form that course and get the credit, it does not count in GPA, which means you lost a chance to get an easy A. In most of courses, to get an A is not very easy in McGill
See you
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 2002-7-26 23:48 | 只看该作者
how's going guys ~~~~~~ wink
i am so busy moving my house these days ~~~`
i've said that i 've applied the summer course --academic english seminar this sumer ,it begins in 5th,Aug. but after i get the comfirm paper ,i've never received any thing from Mcgill ,and now is 27th,July ,i wonder when i can got the bill to pay the tuition? and the exactly classroom i gonna study in~  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 2002-7-27 00:21 | 只看该作者
Oh believe me, McGill will never forget you tuition fees. But please comfirm McGill with your new address. If you really want the bill, go to the accounting department on the second floor of James Admission Building, ask the clerk give your balance. One useful hint, do not pay it in personal check, any delay could cause you late payment fee and interest. Use ATM machine, and keep the bank statement. Sometimes McGill still would charge you interest, but you can show the accounting department with the bank statement, which tells them you pay on time. And they cancel the overdue fee. Actually, I go to the accounting department to do the same thing every semester.
Have a great weekend
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2002-7-29 17:44 | 只看该作者
thanx so much for ur hint  :p
sjy u really give me a lot of help~~~~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

19#
发表于 2002-7-29 20:27 | 只看该作者
It is my pleasure, cocomagic. When I was a frosh in McGill, many different people, who even did not know me, helped me a lot to get through my first year. The only thing, as far as I can remember, they asked me to do, is to pass this on to other new coming students. I am certain you will have many chances, like what I have right now, in your pleasurable years in McGill
Cheers
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 2002-7-29 21:22 | 只看该作者
totally agree with sjy. no other comments here... just want to keep my foot wet here     
oh, don't forget to get some unoffical courses info from ur department student association in order to know which professor is a killer, which course is a birdy course..etc.
let me recommend one easy A course here  the arts of listening. the only sad thing is that U2 songs are not included in the listening list.  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 00:08 , Processed in 0.047485 second(s), 38 queries .