[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2002-7-18 18:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
今年9月份开学的undergraduate student交流一下该做什么~~~~:P
因为是新生,什么时候该做什么都不知道~~~~~
2#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:21 | 只看该作者
Get as many social activities as possible before new semester starts. i.e. play hard before studying hard.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2002-7-18 22:09 | 只看该作者
Congratulations!
I am so glad to see someone enroll in McGill undergradust program. First of all, which faculty are you in?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2002-7-21 23:29 | 只看该作者
thanx for ur suggestion ~ :p
my major is Biochemistry ~~~~~~~~~really a hard course ~:')
and i join a summer english course offered by MCGILL,i think that's pretty good for fresh hands  :p
how about ur major ?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2002-7-21 23:44 | 只看该作者
oops... seems u picked up a tough major.   :rolleyes:   
Really lots of work for ur biochem degree @ McGill, coz I have some friends in that dept. and microbiology dept. But i think it is worth putting ur enegy working on that, after all, this is one of best departments at faculty of science.
my major is computer science. hehe... easier than urs.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2002-7-22 02:52 | 只看该作者
cocomagic, it seems you want to be a doctor, it is really a long drive. Good luck first.
I am in management, joint honours of economics and finance, but I still believe your program is tougher, but it worth the effort you put in.
Anyway there is something i should mention for freshman. First if you are really strong in chemistry, math, physics, ect. you can take the placement test, which I believe it mentioned in the welcome to McGill book. Those tests will take in the end of August. If you can pass some, you can save a lot of money and time. But i should warn you those tests are not easy, so you can find some text books in McGill Library to work with. Another thing is there will be orientations for freshman I suppose you know that. At least one about course registry and one about campus. If you are a triditional Chinese girl or even boy, I suggest you not go for the second one. There could be some embrassing contasts. I will work for the management department during the orietation week, if you have any problem please feel free to contact me.
Finally, as many people said to me two years ago "welcome to McGill and enjoy your life here!"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2002-7-22 23:14 | 只看该作者
~~~~~~~~~ ...... i am soooooo moved that all u bodies r that kind ~~~~~~ :p
first, show all my sincere thankfulness to u ~~~~~~~` wink

base on ur description .it seems that my major 's much more difficult than w i thought before ~~~~
and the tests in the end of Aug. r really awful~
and i am a traditional chinses girl ~ :p  just graduated from high school ~ and fortunately passed TOEFL,first my english is poor ~and i my chemistry's just so so ~~~~~ i wonder how can i face the tough future in mcgill~~~~~~~
god~ i've never tried to be a hardworker ,but i think now i show do ~~~~~thanx for all ur advices
again ~~~~~~
and i gonna contact u when i have some trouble that i can not figure out ~  :p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2002-7-23 00:49 | 只看该作者
Do not worry about the studying and just have as much fun as you can right now. You sound like a smart person, everything will work out on your way. I think I should give more details about the placement tests. Those test, which cover many subjects, are optional. There will be no charges for taking it. You can take none of them up to all of them. The most importance thing is there wouldn't be any bad consequance, if you fail. If you pass any, McGill will allow you skip that course, and grant you some credits. From my experience, if you graduate for Chinese high school, math 140 and math 141 would not trouble you very much.
Best luck
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2002-7-23 13:26 | 只看该作者
hi, Congratulations,cocomagic. hello.everyone. i'll start to study management this september .sjy.  Could you tell me more information about the orientation??And they have a frosh, what's that?? Is it the same as Orientation?  For the placement test, do i need to apply it first? if so, what's the deadline??
Besides, we begin to register courses from August6, but we can't meet an advisor before August26, please tell me what should i do with that???  Thanks.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2002-7-23 19:28 | 只看该作者
I will also go to mcgill university this september. I am really confused about my course registration. so can someone give me some suggestions on the phone? I will really appreciate your help.

My phone number is 6681099
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 19:36 , Processed in 0.046670 second(s), 43 queries .