租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: 69
打印 上一主题 下一主题

找McGill战友:

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
51#
发表于 2002-5-17 17:10 | 只看该作者
What should I take? I have no idea, Help.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

52#
发表于 2002-5-17 23:23 | 只看该作者
sym, everyone has to figure out what he/she wants and what he/she is gonna get,

the world is changing so fast. I don't know what is the best choice, even for myself. but I have to start from a narrow road and walk to a wide road.

//personal opinion only, thanks.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

53#
发表于 2002-5-18 00:09 | 只看该作者
各位大侠:
    我是新移民,想去MCGILL申请EE的研究生课程。不知道TOEFL和GRE要考多少才算有竞争力?
    另外,研究生院是否只有秋季入学?春季有得入学吗?
    谢谢赐教
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

54#
发表于 2002-5-18 22:53 | 只看该作者
请教谁知道在学校有免费打印指标的事?如有,请问怎样申请?

谢谢!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

55#
 楼主| 发表于 2002-5-19 00:21 | 只看该作者
to sym
i have to say if you have some interest in cs or ee, why not?
job is important, but there are some many more other factors.  
too many chinese are too near eyesight.
anyway, the cs and ee have a bright future, and i like them.
in my opinon, never think about own interest but always job market, that is similar to girls who just want money... something like that.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

56#
发表于 2002-5-19 13:55 | 只看该作者
//  Hey, I am not here persuading or preventing anybody to TRANSFER TO or ABORT the field of CS or EE. Let us just analyze some facts.

VERY FRANKLY.

//  Here I assume you are an immigrant from China to Canada, and assume your original profession is not CS or EE.

//  You can definitely consider transfering to these two fields

IF
//.. You are sill so young to enter a totally new field
  .. You are willing to give up your achievement in your original field up to now.
  .. All of a sudden or whatever, you find that you are actually so interested in CS or EE. This is not a problem of your "eyesight", but a fact that you finally locked your interest in your life. I would be very happy to say "congratulations" to you.
  .. You want to get somewhere in CS or EE although you are brand new AND you don't mind working extremely hard to catch up with those who are already professional in this field.
  .. You either have enough money to support your life even your family, or you are optimistic enough that you don't mind IF you can not find job in the NEAR future. Yes you may find a job finally, due to the BRIGHT future of CS and EE.  Actually, I never doubt that.

//  Finally, I suggest you consider the typical reaction of people to the booming IT industry in the past years.

//  During the past years, So many people, it may seem rediculous, rush into the IT industry from other fields and no one believe at that time that they have "near eyesight". FRANKLY AND PERSONALLY, I think that based on the common human nature, most of these people primarily aimed at "MAKING MONEY" instead of "ERSONAL INTEREST".

// In general, my opinion COMPLETELY DOES NOT apply to those people who have been keeping a keen interest in CS or EE from the beginning.

// Welcome any comments except malicious critic.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

57#
 楼主| 发表于 2002-5-20 00:32 | 只看该作者
c'mon, ncleo, donot be too sensitive. i just want to say my opinon in the exsist fact about new immigrents.
if you feel not good, i would say sorry.
we have lots of more important things to do.
i hope we can be good classmates.^_^
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

58#
发表于 2002-5-20 09:36 | 只看该作者
Hi, 69

This is a friendly talk. I absolutely did not intend to allude anyone.

Yes we gonna be good classmate. Don't forget I am still waiting for your good news.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

59#
 楼主| 发表于 2002-5-23 00:12 | 只看该作者
to ncleo
i just called office this morning. the result was "please waiting", and then gave me the reason that there are too many applications.
anyway, please waiting, and no exact date.

how about you? have you got it? are you ready to prepare the application of fellowship or sth like that?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

60#
发表于 2002-5-23 01:38 | 只看该作者
To 69,

Just like you said, I am also waiting for it.

Oh, my dear package, when u gonna come.

About financial aid, I asked secretary by email this morning, by she did not reply me !!! What the hell is going there? Is she so busy ?

It seems the first year hard to get aid. Are u Quebec resident? you can get bursary from goverment, better than me.

Keep in touch !!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 11:00 , Processed in 0.047795 second(s), 38 queries .