租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: x_smiler
打印 上一主题 下一主题

康大EE研究生录取

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
发表于 2003-7-9 23:19 | 只看该作者
To mouse4u,
I'll move to montreal around Aug 1 if I can find a suitable apartment then. It's not easy to rent one in the middle of a month.

I haven't applied the OSAP. How about you?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2003-7-9 23:30 | 只看该作者
To mouse4u,
I'll move to montreal around Aug 1 if I can find a suitable apartment.
I haven't applied for the OSAP. How about you?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2003-7-10 00:58 | 只看该作者
To win&win,

Do you know when they will continue to work? After Sep.? Is there no summer term in Concordia?

To Montreal08,

I applied for the OSAP, but the school hasn't proecessed my case which the online website told me.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2003-7-10 08:43 | 只看该作者
To mouse4u,

Sorry, maybe I misleaded you.
What I mean is that ON FRIDAY, nobody of ECE will
answer your question in summer.
All what I know about Diane's office hour is
Tuesday and Thursday are her office hour in summer.
If anybody else knows more information about that, let us know, pls.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2003-7-10 12:13 | 只看该作者
x-smiler and I pass by Concordia and asked Diane some questions that you maybe concerned about.
I made a little mistake     that requirement of CELDT is not only depend on your TOEFL,but also
some other factors.
Anyway, you have to contact to the department of CELDT:
2070 MacKay
Room 200
CELDT is an independent department
http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/esl/index.html
you have to make an appointment to take a test if you are required to do so.
Based on what x-smiler said, there are some students cann't pass this test
then be rejected. So be careful, guys.
the minimum score is 350+2
I dont' know what's that mean. hehe.
Any question about CELDT, ask x-smiler  :p
And the new student entrance day is Aug.25
you have to make an appointment to register courses, well, some staff will
be your counsellor.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2003-7-10 13:09 | 只看该作者
Diane Moffae
Graduate Program Assitant

Summer office hours:
Tuesday  10:00--11:30
Wensdday 2:30--4:00
Thursday 10:00--11:30
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2003-7-10 13:31 | 只看该作者
The concordia English language diagnostic test is not hard like what you said.
Almost all the students who have a degree in China can easily  pass it , but the grade is not enough high, so most of them still need take ESL207, ESL208, and ESL209, only few of them only need take the last two courses.
Actually, some students can not pass this test. I am afraid that all of the them just finished their high school in China.

Do not worry.
But it takes your time and money.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-7-10 13:40 | 只看该作者
As I know, the minimal score is 350+2, that is to say that you should get more than 350 in verbal test and more than 2 score in writting. If you got this score, you would be permitted to take ESL 207 course. The more your get, the higher level ESL course you will take. The highest level course in ESL is ESL 209,and intermediate one is ESL 208. The purpose concordia ask some appliciants to write CELDT test is that they can suggest you to register different ESL course basing on your CELDT.(Many people here say that the true purpose is to take your money from your wallet. May be. It is said the fee for ESL courses is very expensive.) So, if your score were less than 350+2, you would not be admitted to register the beginning ESL course(ESL 207). The result maybe is not ideal.
Therefore,mouse4u,pay much attention on this test. On the other hand, it is said that the test is not so difficult as TOEFL. But you had better not use the writting framework taught in many Chinese English school such as in New Oriental School to write your essay. The teachers who will review your examination papers are so familiar with this framwork that they might no give you a ideal score. All this information is just based on what I learned from my friends. I hope it will be helpful for you. Good luck!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-7-10 13:42 | 只看该作者
As I know, the minimal score is 350+2, that is to say that you should get more than 350 in verbal test and more than 2 score in writting. If you got this score, you would be permitted to take ESL 207 course. The more your get, the higher level ESL course you will take. The highest level course in ESL is ESL 209,and intermediate one is ESL 208. The purpose concordia ask some appliciants to write CELDT test is that they can suggest you to register different ESL course basing on your CELDT.(Many people here say that the true purpose is to take your money from your wallet. May be. It is said the fee for ESL courses is very expensive.) So, if your score were less than 350+2, you would not be admitted to register the beginning ESL course(ESL 207). The result maybe is not ideal.
Therefore,mouse4u,pay much attention on this test. On the other hand, it is said that the test is not so difficult as TOEFL. But you had better not use the writting framework taught in many Chinese English school such as in New Oriental School to write your essay. The teachers who will review your examination papers are so familiar with this framwork that they might no give you a ideal score. All this information is just based on what I learned from my friends. I hope it will be helpful for you. Good luck!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-7-10 13:55 | 只看该作者
To roomrent,
I have made a confirmation about my attending the program in fall semester. Like what you said, we do not need to take CELDT test,and even the ESL course. I met win&win in Diane's office. Mrs Diane Moffat asked both of us to go to her office to register courses in Aug 25. What about you?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-24 20:38 , Processed in 0.048310 second(s), 38 queries .