租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: men
打印 上一主题 下一主题

有在MCGILL学LIBRAY AND INFORMATION STUDIES的兄弟姐妹吗?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
41#
发表于 2004-2-27 08:17 | 只看该作者
Hi, does anyone have any experience applying for student loan? Would you mind sharing some? Is there any deadline applying for it? I was told that you may not qualify if you are still working but sometimes the truth is we can not afford not to work before we go back to school. I need some first hand experience in this respect especially from those people who came from other province. Men, seems like that we are from the same city but you may be too busy to answer any of my message. Anyway, hope this is the website where we can change information and find help whenever needed. Good luck everyone and have a wonderful day!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

42#
发表于 2004-2-27 20:57 | 只看该作者
men和apple,我今天收到正式的ACCEPTANCE PACKAGE了。有一件事对我来说很麻烦,那就是证明QUEBEC居民身份的问题。我是属于在外省居住超三个月从而要求在魁省连续居住12个月的类型。除了身份证明,还要提供本人在这12个月或者工作的证明,或者读PART-TIME课程的证明,可问题是我都没有,我打工只打到12月底,现在一直在家,这种情况应该怎么办?有类似情况的朋友帮忙回答一下好吗,多谢!
另外,到目前为止拿到今年9月的MLIS录取信的有多少人,希望大家回帖报个到,以后大家都是同学,先认识认识,有什么问题也可以大家互相帮忙。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

43#
发表于 2004-2-27 23:57 | 只看该作者
Congratulation, Wagner. Have you accepted the offer yet? I remember that the deadline is March 1. I paid the deposit at the end of January. I don't have experience about the question you asked. Sorry. I do need to apply for student loan though and I heard that the schoolarship or government funding is very limited. I still have to search for options. Hope that we can exchange info here pr those who had first hand experience before can be kind enough to offer some advice. I also need to start my apartment hunting soon and any help will be highly appreciated as well.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

44#
发表于 2004-3-11 18:27 | 只看该作者
被mcgill的mba拒了。理由是大学成绩不够:平均分只有84分多!
以前只是听说mcgill比较死板,现在真是领教了。托福考293也没用。
现在手里还拿着mcgill的mlis的offer,请frank等各位以前读mlis的前辈,现在已经找到工作的,能否告诉我目前你们就业的工资水平到底是多少?听人说刚开始起薪只有两三万?那样的话和打工有什么区别?能拿到手的每月只有不到两千,怎么供得起房子和车,养活老婆孩子?
实在不行,只好放弃这个mlis,再去申请康大的mba了。
郁闷中。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

45#
发表于 2004-3-12 00:49 | 只看该作者
it really depends on your background. if the employer thinks your are valuable, you will get more. the entry level job is around 15-20$ per hour?i guess. but if you can't find a job, and someone wants to hire you by paying 8$ per hour, will you go? one of my classmates went. it's true.

Another thing wants to remind you: don't think the staff in mlis is much nicer than those of mba. most of them (faculty and students)especially those so callled "native canadians" are very narrow-mided.

Post by wagner
被mcgill的mba拒了。理由是大学成绩不够:平均分只有84分多!
以前只是听说mcgill比较死板,现在真是领教了。托福考293也没用。
现在手里还拿着mcgill的mlis的offer,请frank等各位以前读mlis的前辈,现在已经找到工作的,能否告诉我目前你们就业的工资水平到底是多少?听人说刚开始起薪只有两三万?那样的话和打工有什么区别?能拿到手的每月只有不到两千,怎么供得起房子和车,养活老婆孩子?
实在不行,只好放弃这个mlis,再去申请康大的mba了。
郁闷中。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

46#
发表于 2004-3-12 16:24 | 只看该作者
tu你说得有道理。
这些天一直在琢磨到底去读什么,改行到底值不值得。
过一阵子在说吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

47#
发表于 2004-3-12 17:35 | 只看该作者
Another interesting thing i want to share with you: i know some native guys, they got jobs from mlis, but then they got another mba degree, and now they are the managers of information center which belongs to special library catory and usually with good salary. Like frank_p, he studied cs, politics, french and mlis, and all those enriched his background, i believe. here i am not recommanding you study forever, just to be objective to mlis.  

Post by wagner
tu你说得有道理。
这些天一直在琢磨到底去读什么,改行到底值不值得。
过一阵子在说吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

48#
发表于 2004-4-5 02:28 | 只看该作者
我也拿到了2004年秋季入学的MLIS通知书,盼与大家互相联系。我的e-mail address:christinagui2003@yahoo.ca

另:致Thesis,能留下您的联系方式,想请教一些问题。谢!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

49#
发表于 2004-4-5 11:34 | 只看该作者
我已经回绝了mcgill的mlis的offer。
想了许久,决定还是不去改行读mlis。虽然mcgill的mba没给我offer,我还是打算去申请concordia的mba
都说concordia的mba不好,我也知道。不过人终究是要靠自己的,学校的名气帮得了你一时,帮不了你一世。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

50#
发表于 2004-4-24 15:21 | 只看该作者
转让mlis第一年4门必修课的全部教材,送相关笔记和资料。

有意请联系erica, 514-369-9078
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-26 00:35 , Processed in 0.049655 second(s), 38 queries .