租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: wine
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[探亲] 父母探亲期间的医疗保险

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
21#
发表于 2004-2-24 18:00 | 只看该作者
One way ticket is OK. For insurance, you could call different agency, like travel agency or insurance agency, the price can be negotiate,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2004-2-27 13:07 | 只看该作者
在国内买医疗保险可以吗,在这里都有哪些公司,谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2003-5-7 23:20 | 只看该作者

急求问:父母探亲生病怎么办?

母亲来加探亲,身体不适,普通的保险不管用,看病费用很吓人,请问有什么较好的办法吗?谢谢赐教!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2003-5-8 01:21 | 只看该作者
请问为啥说普通的保险不管用?你给父母上过访客的医疗保险吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2003-5-8 11:00 | 只看该作者
Ask suggestion from some friends who were doctors in China.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2003-5-8 16:44 | 只看该作者
If you really insurance, even the very basic one, that should cover the cost of seeing a Dr, maybe just with a small deductible. Plus, even you don't have medical insurance, to see a Dr. shouldn't cost that much, shouldn't be more than $100, right? The real expensive items are for hospitalization and treatments.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2003-5-8 18:48 | 只看该作者
thanks for everyone for infomation.I think Helloworld is right, but actually my mother need to be operated at hospital, so that's what I 'm really worried, we are both students, how can I pay the fee? I don't know is there some organization could offer some aid for low-income family? very anxious to get some information! thanks!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 2003-5-9 09:03 | 只看该作者
Again, if you really have insurance coverage for your mom, ambulance transportation, Dr. consultation, medical exams, hospitalization and related treatment, as well as surgery should all be covered, depending your policy. However, if you haven't arranged this beforehand, there may not be much you can do. Since normally no company could cover any illness which has already started, and usually there is a waiting period since you mom has arrived in Canada already. As far as I know, a one-day stay in a hospital could cost as high as 3000~4000 CDA. Probably the best bet for now may be for her to return to China (if her health still permits her for such a long travel), even though it could be a tough decision for you to make.

In the worst case scenario, you can still have the surgical operation, but you have to pay out all the cost at a later time (which may mean bankruptcy to you). In Canada, the health care system wouldn't let anyone to surfer or to die because of financial problems, but on the other hand, it's getting stricter in not to be taken advantage of. This doesn't have much to do with your income unfortunately, I mean travel insurance doesn't cost that much if you really have one.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2003-5-9 09:13 | 只看该作者
the only way is go back china right now if you don't wanna be bankrupt
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2003-5-11 10:46 | 只看该作者
very appreciate your suggestion. yes,indeed I have to make choice between go back to China or not. I'm so hesitated because of the SARS in China,otherwise,I should bring my mum back,I should make the choice ASAP.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-25 05:28 , Processed in 0.042893 second(s), 38 queries .