租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 568|回复: 1

[移民] help: federal immigration problem

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
发表于 2005-3-2 15:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
hi,
I started doing postdoc in Jan 2003 at Univ of Toronto. and I applied Federal skilled immigration, in Jan 2004, I passed the initial assessment, and did fingerprinting/medical checks. Now I am waiting for the completion of background check to get my visa.
Since Jan 2005, I moved to Montreal doing another postdoc at McGill, and Buffalo consulate sent me a letter, saying since I intend to live in Quebec, I need to apply CAQ.

I wrote a letter to buffalo to clarify that 1) I submitted my application in 2003, and selected Ontario as my destination 2) my postdoc at Quebec is temperoary position, and my work permit may expire when my CAQ application pass review.

will buffalo consulate accept my explanation? do I have rights to stick with federal immigration? anyone has simliar experience please let me your points.
thanks
发表于 2005-3-2 16:16 | 显示全部楼层
your reason is reasonable, but the problem is if you send them a letter and you may not get any reply (that's usually the case), then you don't know if they have accepted your explaination or not.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-3-28 09:45 , Processed in 0.041273 second(s), 38 queries .