租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: Jingren
打印 上一主题 下一主题

网上英语角

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
21#
发表于 2002-5-18 12:19 | 只看该作者
To Homesick, you don't have to 不断激励自己, as long as you have to use it everyday. You know what I mean, if you don't learn you'll be dumb and deaf.' h, y6 r! ?) R  h" a4 q! X& S
As long as you'll use what you've learned in everyday life, you'll never feel枯躁. But you should be more patient, 'cuz language ability accumulates day by day. You can't 一口气撑个大胖子,don't even think about it!!!2 _# V: y9 G  U0 c
No need to compare yourself with Wang8, his background (which he is always proud of and means really nothing to me) is totally different with us new immigrants. You my friend, you just take your time step by step, you can speak good English I am sure!  :cool:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2002-5-19 16:15 | 只看该作者
To Homesick, if you have no time or you feel bored to read jokes, you'd better go home now and cure your homesick.
: D- N: |( ]8 ?+ ?; f2 WThere is no real shortcut, but I can tell you a little secret. If you can try, it will be very very hard for you though, to change yourself. If you can change yourself to enjoy English stuff, you will be on the right track.* k# x7 Q; ^( V/ }
迷上过武侠小说吗?迷上过电子游戏吗?迷上过打拖拉机吗?你知道“迷”的力量吗?如果你能迷上英语,读英语小说,看英语大片,听英语笑话,上英语网站,砍英语大山,嘿嘿,你还用发愁学英语吗?说得一丈不如行取一尺;说得一尺不如行取一寸。年轻人,赶快行动吧!(又嘱:切忌浮躁,谨记,谨记!)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2002-5-20 17:01 | 只看该作者
多谢指点,我想我是不应着急。但最大的问题是思维方式都是中文的,说英语常常先在脑子里有了中文,然后再翻译成不地道的英语,如何改正呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2002-5-20 18:29 | 只看该作者
The more you learn, the more you know, The more you know, the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn. " q& X7 g. X! i1 g$ J2 \: H: p
学的越多,知道的越多, 知道的越多,忘记的越多, 忘记的越多,知道的越少, 为什么学来着?!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2002-5-20 20:18 | 只看该作者
To tweaty,
5 Z/ ?* t5 e# S; v         "to be hung like a black man"means "to have old2 always up or as big as a blackman " ??
4 w2 B9 l$ D% d7 y! d4 T) |' yTo matrix,
( K: ?- p) k2 d          I thought the answer to your joke is "weishengjin", isn't it ?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2002-5-20 20:59 | 只看该作者
Ferdinand, 嘘......(WHISPER)小声点儿         
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2002-5-21 00:15 | 只看该作者
Right, did you enjoy the jokes?6 ^. e( n4 b4 M
To Homesick, your problem is that 学有余而应用不足.5 R( f. `7 ]: E, R0 X1 A9 \
学课本只能应付考试,只有应用,把英语当做工具才能成为英语的主人而不是奴隶.* k! F" n. x! G1 [' m$ z: [1 }3 M
从现在就开始行动吧, one year later, you will see the difference.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

28#
 楼主| 发表于 2002-5-21 22:50 | 只看该作者
(5)薄荷糖和英语0 u( s1 `0 C3 E6 U0 t2 f
它们之间本来没有太大的联系。2 v1 B! j& V; A- m: j
上班时间。地铁等了好一会儿还没来,于是塞了粒薄荷糖到嘴里。这时,传来广播的声音(法语),似乎说是哪条线出了什么问题。想搞明白怎么回事,左顾右盼,发现身边只有一位老外小年轻也正用探望的神色看着我。我问他广播里说什么,他说他也不知道,也不懂法语。) j& w( o8 J8 Z
于是我们交谈了起来。他是McGill的学生,来自温哥华,英语是他的母语。
& q8 e$ W$ v2 f交谈了有那么半晌的时间,我觉得有些奇怪:我的英语怎么说得这么溜?和他交流已没有任何问题,自己的口音尤其地道。这不?接下来,他就直夸我英语说得棒极了。. p. f" Q& e6 q( o# }/ P
又交谈了蛮长的时间,发现他开始用“I’m sorry”了,接着一句又一句“Pardon me”。怎么回事?
$ u, Y7 Y9 d+ }直到他下车,我才恍然大悟:原来是薄荷糖用完了。9 |$ f* ^- ^9 {6 h& u  v/ J

( w: a/ K, E& }8 A! j0 P: I写到这里,突然想起一个问题:河流为什么总是弯弯曲曲的?您知道吗?(by the way, how to translate this question? Thanks!)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2002-5-23 12:12 | 只看该作者
Try another one, enjoy:% k% H% U* k6 D! E1 w* z) Q8 `
<<Liver and Cheese>>
+ j! Q9 R0 H2 n7 iThree handsome male dogs are walking down the street when they&nbsp;see a&nbsp;&nbsp;' ^/ m5 a3 `% h: `, ~' R, b$ C
beautiful, enticing, female Poodle. The three male dogs fall all over&nbsp;&nbsp;0 Y/ S+ v' N0 P% _0 s; n
themselves in an effort to be the one to reach her first, but end up&nbsp;&nbsp;8 N  f3 {4 F. D
arriving in front of her at the same time.
( }& `. m8 U( J+ c$ f0 z6 F: J/ X&nbsp;
) h  D  h% L( EThe males are speechless before her beauty, slobbering on themselves&nbsp;&nbsp;
, K* s! ~$ C& |% q% p# eand&nbsp;hoping for just a glance from her in return. Aware of her&nbsp;&nbsp;charms and&nbsp;&nbsp;7 E& `3 Y  @5 ]' L; h
her&nbsp;obvious effect on the three suitors, she decides to be kind and tells&nbsp;them&nbsp;&nbsp;
% K3 L" w2 b1 r"The first one who can use the words "liver" and "cheese"&nbsp;&nbsp;together in&nbsp;an&nbsp;&nbsp;
/ C' t1 A) e% a1 y+ \imaginative, intelligent sentence can go out with me."
. J7 _9 t3 Y0 \+ D' ^" Z&nbsp;
' @  B$ u. {, K. }2 u4 MThe sturdy, muscular black Lab speaks up quickly and says "I love&nbsp;liver&nbsp;and cheese."
8 g/ t# c7 X' U! Q7 p* Z) k&nbsp;' x* s, U/ R, g/ O/ m
"Oh, how childish," said the Poodle. "That shows no imagination or&nbsp;intelligence whatsoever."&nbsp;&nbsp;
! d6 d+ g7 _+ E% p: o  u- vShe turned to the tall, shiny Golden&nbsp;Retriever&nbsp;and said "How well can you do?"
/ i& Z5 q3 O4 b7 T5 A9 l6 W&nbsp;
! s" T- l* X% a2 E$ H"Um. I HATE liver and cheese," blurts the Golden Retriever.
4 K6 ?" a4 F- z5 ]- FMy, my," said the Poodle. "I guess it's hopeless. That's&nbsp;&nbsp;just as dumb&nbsp;as&nbsp;the Lab's sentence."&nbsp;- S$ P# Q9 K) z7 a! c3 E
&nbsp;
' q+ k3 I1 a/ e+ S$ P$ EShe then turns to the last of the&nbsp;&nbsp;three dogs and&nbsp;&nbsp;says, "How about you, little guy?" 7 q' |0 b# h- O
&nbsp;+ n1 C$ [! ^9 o: u
The last of the three, tiny in stature but big in fame and finesse, is&nbsp;the&nbsp; Taco Bell Chihuahua.&nbsp;+ z8 r1 ~2 X0 c& C* A
He gives her a smile, a sly wink, turns to the&nbsp;Golden&nbsp;Retriever and the Lab and says&nbsp;&nbsp;" P# b5 w  H4 C" F
&nbsp;"Liver alone. Cheese mine."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2002-5-23 16:22 | 只看该作者
A man walks into a bar and orders one shot. Then he looks into his shirt pocket and orders another shot. After he finishes, he looks into his shirt pocket again and orders another shot. The bartender is curious and askes him "every time you order a shot, you look in your shirt pocket. Why?" The man replies, "I have a picture of my wife in my pocket and when she starts to look good, I go home."' ?- L1 o* t2 l3 \! f& w
then,a pretty girl come to him and say "liver wine,shot mine".
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-23 14:08 , Processed in 0.047182 second(s), 38 queries .