12#
发表于 2002-5-10 22:58 | 只看该作者
1) is there a deadline for the reimbursement?/ q* ^2 M& H( k% K* e0 P, L
2) i want to take tomorrow off for some personal affairs in downtown
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2002-5-10 23:08 | 只看该作者
when your friends say, "always up!". you can reply, "never let it down!" then move your sight to his "key point". it will burst a laughter for sure!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

14#
 楼主| 发表于 2002-5-11 21:55 | 只看该作者
生活的绝招。Thanks, Madam Wang8. You are a funny guy and really have expertise in English language (maybe also in French). Anyway, Thank you so much for help. I will try to use them in a proper situation.
( T7 O0 ?) D* h) P) I% I& j4 Q4 i) L% A( {5 u! Y9 n6 j5 X
Troubleshooting学英语(4)
) F2 k& W) t# l+ y“……玫瑰…名字…甜……”
5 A$ a) ^( D, i" n3 I# r老板和我谈他的生意,不知是否有意让我也学着点,当他说到这里的时候,我有些茫然。在努力弄明白他这句话意思的时候,他看出了我挣扎的表情,于是停下来,有些不快地说:“你的英语为什么比当初还差?”- S8 b- l( f' i1 m5 \0 v
其实,当初和他交谈时,我的英语并不太好,他说的话很多也不懂。但是,我光听重要的词句,每当有句子听不懂就耸耸肩哈哈大笑,以表示我同意他的看法。而现在,我是努力想听懂所有的,这就是问题的症结所在了。仔细想想,或许我现在到了一个瓶颈。
# P2 N& {: ]4 |4 O+ ^好在最近一对一学英语时,正好听到音带里播放老板说的那句话。“啊,圣旨!请停停,让我听清楚这家伙讲什么?”我对老师说。5 O3 h- B: |0 G- p; h3 I
原来还是个双关语:“Rose by any other name smells sweet.”0 Z2 n  \. T) z5 E1 a
可不可以译成“是金子就会发亮”呢?老板不会是不在说我吧。嘿嘿嘿!
5 W/ R" X$ q2 z! u看来,当初听不懂就开怀一笑的战术很对头。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

15#
发表于 2002-5-11 23:22 | 只看该作者
我也想学英语,但不有动力。如果有人组织英语角,叫上我!多谢。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 2002-5-13 13:21 | 只看该作者
我是读关于management的diploma, 虽然觉得英语重要,遇到不懂常常懒得问,有时也因为忙不过来,一知半解算了。其实,我是真希望能够得到高手的指点。在一个case里读到关于一个研究报告的,其中有project objectives、technical objectives和technical uncertainties不太清楚它们有何区别。有的词问老师可能很为难,人家会说中国人就这英语也来都书?望同胞相助,谢谢啦!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 2002-5-17 13:48 | 只看该作者
Wanna learn English? You have to find something interesting to motivate yourself. You don't like to learn but you can't help learning.% e( a1 ^$ ^3 Y- T
One way is to read jokes. Remember it and try to tell it to a foreigner when you have a suitable opportunity. You learn not only English but also foreign culture which helps you more. It also gives you more topic when you want to practise English with a foreigner.
* }4 w, O+ a/ L* C% i+ lPlease read the following joke. I bet most Chinese won't get it. But every English-spoken adults will understand it unless he/she is as same stupid as the blonde ginies.
/ `# v( w9 v6 ~
8 o9 x6 N5 q, W: C4 W1 o  O2 BLONDE GENIES
; ]; L: E3 ^( S( k0 pA white guy is walking along a beach when he comes across a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks up a lamp and gives it a rub. Two blonde genies appear and they tell him he has been granted three wishes. The guy makes his three wishes and the blonde genies disappear. ! f- A! o5 ~' w, a  s/ S

6 Z1 O4 a. n/ X) y8 u6 yThe next thing the guy knows, he's in a bedroom, in a mansion surrounded by 50 beautiful women. He makes love to all of them and begins to explore the house. Suddenly he feels something soft under his feet, he looks down and the floor is covered in $100.00 bills. . a/ k; n* n8 u0 D$ k, B6 i' H

3 b0 L4 u, c( F- i7 E# [# B" ?Then, there is a knock at the door. He answers the door and standing there are two people in Ku Klux Klan outfits. They drag him outside to the nearest tree, throw a rope over a limb and hang him by the neck until he is dead.
  \' p! I" w0 u% P
9 {( f& B/ Y% {, b7 [$ |The Klansmen walk off. As they are walking away, they remove their hoods, and it's the two blonde genies.
; H5 z' V- {/ ?# dOne blonde genie says to the other one "Hey, I can understand the first wish, having all these beautiful women in a big mansion to make love to. I can also understand him wanting to be a millionaire." "But why anyone would want to be hung like a black man is beyond me."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2002-5-17 21:36 | 只看该作者
Let me change your joke a little bit to make it easier for Chinese ppl.+ v: U' Y* I- J& i* r% z+ M4 Q
A black vampire is always out of luck and one day he is walking along the beach and see a bottle floating on the sea. He picks up the bottle and opens it. A thread of smoke comes out from the bottle and turns out to be a ghost. The ghost says to the black vampire," You saved my life so you're granted three wishes! I can make all your three wishes come true right away at the same time!!!"
2 s: x8 T. O3 Y% S1 h9 I. f5 P% iHere are the black vampire's wishes:
1 X8 ]. G# }% R, V/ P1. I want plenty of blood;
) g* U6 e; A" m5 u9 T, y2 r2. I don't like my skin color, I want to turn white;/ }$ Q) P" R  A3 K2 [" v! W
3. I have strong desire for sex and I want to spend the rest of my life among women.
) Y) m; n7 E5 T+ e1 H  v7 P"Alright," says the ghost and then he makes the black vampire's three wishes come true at the same time, well, you guys just guess what happened to the black vampire!!!         
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

19#
发表于 2002-5-17 22:47 | 只看该作者
OK, here is a easier one:
) v  ]( T* [2 V  `' bMr. Bear and Mr. Rabbit  
. x8 f2 k1 l7 \. K3 s, m+ `1 t' {: ?3 b0 Y3 [5 S, u6 Z
Mr. Bear and Mr. Rabbit lived in the same forest, but they didn't like each other very much. One day, while walking through the woods, and they came across a golden frog. They were amazed when the frog talked to them. The golden frog admitted that he didn't often meet anyone, but, when he did, he always gave them six wishes, so he told them that they could have three wishes each. " B/ i2 T' {6 h. _
Mr. Bear immediately wished that all the other bears in the forest were females. The frog granted his wish. Mr. Rabbit, after thinking for a while, wished for a crash helmet. One appeared immediately, and he placed it on his head.
- j4 e2 M0 U# Q4 S6 BMr. Bear was amazed at Mr. Rabbit's wish, but carried on with his second wish. He wished that all the bears in the neighboring forests were females as well, and the frog granted his wish. Mr. Rabbit then wished for a motorcycle. It appeared before him, and he climbed on board and started revving the engine.
. L0 v9 @5 d' o8 s! _8 n, s/ |/ g" EMr. Bear could not believe it and complained that Mr. Rabbit had wasted two wishes that he could have had for himself. Shaking his head, Mr. Bear made his final wish, that all the other bears in the world were females as well, leaving him as the only male bear in the world. The frog replied that it had been done, and they both turned to Mr. Rabbit for his last wish. " ?. ^/ e, N- e: p" v
Mr. Rabbit revved the engine, thought for a second, then said, “I wish that Mr. Bear was gay!” and rode off as fast as he could.  . F4 u; t, G+ _# E$ s' n

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 2002-5-18 10:22 | 只看该作者
拜托!我没有那水平,也没有那闲工夫。到底怎样才能不断激励自己呢?想学好英语但有觉得枯躁。我估计还是有捷径的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-27 00:48 , Processed in 0.048144 second(s), 38 queries .