楼主| 发表于 2019-3-29 23:23 | 只看该作者

D1S_1246.JPG (2.44 MB, 下载次数: 2)

D1S_1246.JPG
天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

55#
 楼主| 发表于 2019-3-30 22:00 | 只看该作者
Hello, tonight I wanna do a brief review on my D750 body, the kit lens 24-120 F4 G and the prime lens 50 F1.8 D after an usage of six months.

As an amateur, I am happy with those gears. D750 is an enthusiast level full-frame DSLR camera, released in September 2014. The current price of the body is about $1700 on amazon. It’s my first full-frame camera, which is with an amazing focus system, clean high-iso image capability, dual SD slots, a titling screen, built-in wifi and weather-sealed body. When the iso is pumped up to 12800, images are still very clean. Battery life is good for capturing 800+ pictures using the optical view finder and no flashlights. D750 is a popular camera. There’re many informative videos on YouTube.With the help of customized buttons and My Menu, I can quickly change settings while keeping my eye on the optical view finder. The kit lens is good for landscape and portrait photography and has a f4 focal length/aperture ratio which ensures nice bokeh. I bought an used 50 f1.8 D prime lens on Kijiji whose big aperture makes low-light photography more interesting and gives pictures nice bokeh.

The only issue is when I am using the screen to take a picture, D750 has difficulties to focus. When I am using the optical view finder, it doesn’t have this kind of issue, and it focuses fast.

In summary, D750, the kit lens and the 50 prime lens meet most of my needs. In 2019, D750 is still a good DSLR camera for enthusiasts.   

天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

56#
 楼主| 发表于 2019-3-31 16:51 | 只看该作者
Hello brothers and sisters, today I want to talk about the  most useful camera mode while doing street photography. Yes, it’s the aperture priority mode. I only use manual mode for specific occasions such as long exposure landscape photography, because my camera would not understand what I am trying to do. For example, if I want to do a 30 second exposure to capture light trails at night, the manual mode would be the right mode. See the picture below ( the camera was mounted to a tripod).

Back to street photography, here I am talking about street portrait in which I want to have a shallow depth of field, so the object can stand out from its background. Second, shutter speed needs to be fast enough to avoid blurred images because the camera’s hand-held. The 24-120 F4  zoom lens is the ideal option since I only have two lenses; you know that the other one is the 50mm f1.8 prime lens. The zoom lens is helpful for composition. Therefore, I choose the aperture priority mode to ensure that I am shooting with aperture f4 which is the widest aperture of my zoom lens. In addition, I want the shutter speed doesn’t go lower than 1/250 second. Therefore, I choose an iso which is high enough to ensure the shutter speed will be faster than or equal to 1/250 second. Why 1/250 second? The value of shutter speed depends on the object. If the object is moving very fast, the shutter speed has to be fast enough to freeze the image. For most cases, shutter speed 1/250 second is fast enough for street photography. For a given set of iso and aperture values, the camera would determine a certain shutter speed to obtain the right exposure. For instance, I may set the iso value to 500 at noon of a cloudy day and the aperture value to f4, therefore, the camera determines 1/2000 second as the shutter speed. At this situation, I would have nice bokeh since the aperture is wild open, and also a clear portrait image because of the1/2000 second shutter speed.

The beauty of the aperture priority mode is that when the background becomes darker or I go from outside into a room, the shutter speed, for example, would automatically decrease from 1/2000 to 1/250 second in which I still can obtain a clear image without re-adjusting iso and aperture values. For most newly released cameras, iso 6400 can still produce very clean images. In some extreme lowlight situations like in a dim dinning room, I would use the 50 f1.8 prime lens and set iso to 12800. Shooting with f1.8, iso 12800 and steady hands, I am able to obtain sharp images with nice bokeh in very low-light surroundings.

In summary, aperture value affects the depth of field and the shutter speed under a given iso value. The aperture priority mode lets the photographer set aperture and iso values, and the camera determine the shutter speed. With a given set of aperture and iso values, the photographer can yield a safe shutter speed which is fast enough to obtain clear image. The photographer can pre-set a high iso value, so when the lighting is getting darker, the shutter speed is still high enough to freeze the object. With the help of the aperture priority mode, street photography would be easy and fun.

天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

57#
 楼主| 发表于 2019-4-5 22:40 | 只看该作者
Musicians performing in public places.

天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

58#
 楼主| 发表于 2019-4-10 23:05 | 只看该作者
昨天一场大雪,仿佛有回到了冬季。

风雪中的女浪人

天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

59#
 楼主| 发表于 2019-4-13 13:28 | 只看该作者
雪过天晴

天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

60#
 楼主| 发表于 2019-4-17 23:51 | 只看该作者
最近上图遇到技术问题,已经跟网管联系,说是问题已经解决。但是我还是遇到问题,图片小于1M, 共四张,最后只有三张成功上传。不想再跟网管联系了。

天佑加人
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-20 01:42 , Processed in 0.067823 second(s), 36 queries .