租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 707|回复: 0

[联谊] (中英双语)卡梅伦辞职演讲 - 是首相,不是政客!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
发表于 2016-6-24 12:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Prime Minister, not Politician
You got my FULL respect: the first time when you gave the speech on saving Scotland where you said “if you don’t like me, I won’t be here forever” and you kept your words this time yet your love to your country and your respect to British people is well noticed which is more important! Salute, Prime Minister Cameron!
Regarding the Brexit result, I would like to borrow Mr. Farage’s words, “ I now dare to dream that the dawn is coming up.” -律政混混, IForYou, Tumblr blogger (English/Chinese) and 新浪博客博主
******  Prime Minister Cameron’s Leaving Speech (English/Chinese) ******
-translated by -律政混混, IForYou, Tumblr blogger (English/Chinese) and 新浪博客博主
Good morning everyone, the country has just taken part in a giant democratic exercise, perhaps the biggest in our history. 各位早上好,这个国家刚刚参与了一场声势宏伟的民主运动,这或许是我们史上之最。
Over 33 million people from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar have all had their say. 超过3300万来自英格兰、苏格兰、威尔士、北爱尔兰和直布罗陀的民众表达了自己的意愿。
We should be proud of the fact that in these islands we trust the people for these big decisions. 我们相信这些岛上的民众可以为自己的重大决策做出选择,我们为此感到自豪。
We not only have a parliamentary democracy, but on questions about the arrangements for how we’ve governed there are times when it is right to ask the people themselves and that is what we have done. 我们拥有的不但是一个议会民主,而且是如何治理国家的民主:某些时候,问问人民不失为一个正确选择,这就是我们所做的。
The British people have voted to leave the European Union and their will must be respected. 英国人民已经投票决定离开欧盟,他们的意愿必须得到尊重。
I want to thank everyone who took part in the campaign on my side of the argument, including all those who put aside party differences to speak in what they believe was the national interest and let me congratulate all those who took part in the Leave campaign for the spirited and passionate case that they made. 我要感谢在这次公投中站在我这一边的每一个人,包括所有抛开政党分歧、为他们所认为的国家利益发声的人们;同时,请允许我祝贺所有脱欧阵营的人们所取得的饱含意志与激情的竞选成果。
The will of the British people is an instruction that must be delivered. 英国人民的意志是一项必须达成的使命。
It was not a decision that was taken lightly, not least because so many things were said by so many different organisations about the significance of this decision. 这个决定并非一蹴而就,并非因为众多势力集团众口纷纭地说这个决定如何举足轻重。
So there can be no doubt about the result. 因此,这个公投结果不容置疑。
Across the world people have been watching the choice that Britain has made. 世界各地的人们都在瞩目英国做出的选择。
I would reassure those markets and investors that Britain’s economy is fundamentally strong and I would also reassure Britons living in European countries and European citizens living here there will be no immediate changes in your circumstances. 我要对那些(经贸)市场和投资者重申:英国经济基础强劲。我还要对住在欧洲其他国家的英国人、以及和在英国的欧洲公民说:你们的生活不会立刻受到影响。
There will be no initial change in the way our people can travel, in the way our goods can move or the way our services can be sold. 就初期而言,我们民众的旅行途不会有改变,我们的货物流通渠道、以及我们行销服务的方式都不会发生变化。
We must now prepare for a negotiation with the European Union. 我们现在就要着手准备与欧盟的谈判。
This will need to involve the full engagement of the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments to ensure that the interests of all parts of our United Kingdom are protected and advanced. 这需要苏格兰,威尔士和北爱尔兰政府的全面合作,以确保我们英国各地的利益都能得到保护和改善。
But above all this will require strong, determined and committed leadership. 但当务之急,我们需要的是一个强有力、意志坚定并全力以赴的领导层。
I’m very proud and very honoured to have been Prime Minister of this country for six years. 我非常自豪、也非常荣幸担任了六年这个国家的首相。
I believe we’ve made great steps, with more people in work than ever before in our history, with reforms to welfare and education, increasing people’s life chances, building a bigger and stronger society, keeping our promises to the poorest people in the world and enabling those who love each other to get married whatever their sexuality, but above all restoring Britain’s economic strength. 我认为我们已经取得了很大的成就:我们有史上最多的就业人数,对福利和教育实施改革,为人们的生活提供更多机遇,构筑了一个更大更强的社会,对世界上的贫困人口兑现我们的承诺,让相爱的人可以结婚无论他们的性取向,最重要的是,我们恢复了英国的经济实力。
And I’m grateful to everyone who’s helped to make that happen. 我很感谢每一个帮助我们实现了这一目标的人。
I have also always believed that we have to confront big decisions, not duck them. 我也一直认为,我们必须勇于面对重大决策,而不是回避问题。
That is why we delivered the first coalition government in 70 years, to bring our economy back from the brink. 这就是为什么我们有了70年以来的第一个联合政府,把我们的经济从悬崖边缘拉了回来。
It’s why we delivered a fair, legal and decisive referendum in Scotland. 这就是为什么我们兑现了一个公平、合法而且果敢的苏格兰全民公投。
And it’s why I made the pledge to renegotiate Britain’s position in the European Union and to hold the referendum on our membership and have carried those things out. 这也是为什么我承诺了重新协商英国在欧盟的地位,并坚持就我们的欧盟会员身份进行公投,并将其付诸实现。
I fought this campaign in the only way I know how, which is to say directly and passionately what I think and feel - head, heart and soul.在这场公投之役,我依循的是我所知道的唯一途径:即依从理念和情感的指引,从理,从心,从灵。
I held nothing back, I was absolutely clear about my belief that Britain is stronger, safer and better off inside the European Union and I made clear the referendum was about this and this alone - not the future of any single politician including myself.  我没有任何保留,我十分清楚我的信念:留在欧盟会让英国更强大、更安全、更美好;我也确保了此次公民投票仅以此为目的,不是为了某个政治人物的未来,包括我自己。
But the British people have made a very clear decision to take a different path and as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction. 但显然英国人民抉择了不同的道路,因此我认为国家需要新的领导来引领民众朝这个方向发展。
I will do everything I can as Prime Minister to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months but I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination. 我将尽首相之所能,在未来的几个星期甚至是几个月,确保不列颠之轮能平稳航行。但我不认为我还胜任舰长的位置带领我们的国家抵达下一个目的地。
This is not a decision I’ve taken lightly but I do believe it’s in the national interest to have a period of stability and then the new leadership required. 这不是一个草莽的决定,但我相信:从国家利益角度而言,我们需要一个稳定期,然后需要一个新的领导班子。
There is no need for a precise timetable today but in my view we should aim to have a new prime minister in place by the start of the Conservative Party conference in October. 我们不需要今天就做出一个确切的时间表,但我认为有必要争取在十月份保守党会议召开时,新总理能就任。
Delivering stability will be important and I will continue in post as Prime Minister with my Cabinet for the next three months.毫无疑问,确保稳定是关键,我将继续作为首相和我的内阁在未来的三个月尽职尽责。
The Cabinet will meet on Monday, the Governor of the Bank of England is making a statement about the steps that the Bank and the Treasury are taking to reassure financial markets.周一内阁将举行会议,英国央行行长正在起草有关银行和财政部将要采取的步骤声明,以安抚金融市场。
We will also continue taking forward the important legislation that we set before Parliament in the Queen’s Speech. 我们还将继续推行女王在议会谈话中设定的重要立法议程。
And I have spoken to Her Majesty the Queen this morning to advise her of the steps that I am taking. 我今天早上已向女王陛下通报我正在实施中的计划步骤。
A negotiation with the European Union will need to begin under a new prime minister and I think it’s right that this new prime minister takes the decision about when to trigger Article 50 and start the formal and legal process of leaving the EU.
I will attend the European Council next week to explain the decision the British people have taken and my own decision. 与欧盟的谈判需要在新首相的指导下展开。同时我也认为:新首相要考虑何时启动50条款,开始脱欧的正式法律进程。我将出席下周的欧盟理事会并向其阐述英国人民的决定以及我自己的决定。
The British people have made a choice, that not only needs to be respected but those on the losing side of the argument - myself included - should help to make it work. 英国人民已经做出了抉择,这不仅需要被尊重,而且需要输掉选战的一方, 包括我自己,提供帮助,协助其目的的达成。
Britain is a special country - we have so many great advantages - a parliamentary democracy where we resolve great issues about our future through peaceful debate, a great trading nation with our science and arts, our engineering and our creativity, respected the world over.不列颠是一个不凡的国家 - 我们有很多优势:有通过和平辩论来解决重大议题的议会民主,我们是坐拥科学、艺术、工程和创造实力、并广受世界尊重的贸易大国。
And while we are not perfect I do believe we can be a model for the multi-racial, multi-faith democracy, that people can come and make a contribution and rise to the very highest that their talent allows. 尽管我们并不完美,但我相信我们可以成为一个包容多种族、多信仰的民主楷模,让人们可以来我们这里做出贡献、尽情施展其才华天赋。
Although leaving Europe was not the path I recommended, I am the first to praise our incredible strengths. 虽然离开欧盟不是我所举荐的道路,但我是第一个赞美我们强大优势的人。
I said before that Britain can survive outside the European Union and indeed that we could find a way. 我曾经说过:英国可以在欧盟以外生存,而且我们也一定能找一种生存之法。
Now the decision has been made to leave, we need to find the best way and I will do everything I can to help. 既然现在已决定离开,我们就需要找到离开的最佳方式,而我会尽我所能来提供帮助。
I love this country and I feel honoured to have served it and I will do everything I can in future to help this great country succeed. 我热爱这个国家,我为能服务于她深感荣幸,未来也会倾我所能来帮助这个伟大的国家获得成功。
Thank you very much.” 非常感谢各位。

温馨提示
本站接到网友举报,有人发布招聘(保姆管家、助理文秘、中文教师等)、交友和送宠物等信息,目标主要是针对女士行骗。为了增加欺骗力度,有的招聘中留了本地电话号码,那些电话号码实际上都是虚拟号码,其实他们人不在本地。建议大家提高警惕,不要随意提供个人信息并与对方纠缠,谨防“杀猪盘”。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-16 04:00 , Processed in 0.051992 second(s), 35 queries .