发表于 2010-1-24 16:24
购买笔记本电脑 - 牌子和保修 - 我们的选择
A. Brand (牌子)|
We've used so many computers and laptops in our lives. Many sayings and comparisons on different brands. When we bought our last laptop in 2007, my decision:-
1. buy the cheapest one in the store :p
2. use a Gold Credit Card that provides extended warranty.
With today's price of laptop . . . . commodity only. Any cheap one will do the job for word processing and webbing. After the 2 years warranty . . . . . if the dame thing breaks, just buy a new one. :cool:
Our 2.5 years old Acer is still the best laptop I've ever used. Friend's HP . . . see below.
B. Warranty (保修)
1. Use a Credit Card that gives u extended warranty, normally double.
2. If your computer break down shortly after warranty, call and check if there's any recall. See below.
Few years ago, I've heard of Costco giving ~6 months refund policy. Anyone know?!
Friend's HP DV 9310 TX2, purchased May 2007.
1. Repaired Oct. 2007, apparently there's a design defeat, something about the fan and motherboard.
2. Fall 2008, machine blacked out. Original warranty finished, thought Gold Card would cover repair. Called HP, there was a recall on the model, HP changed the motherboard at $0. HP arranged all shipping at $0.
3. Nov. 2009, blacked out again. Called HP, recall of the machine was over in June. Customer Service offered to elevate the case. End result: HP changed new motherboard again at no charge. Shipping $0.
4. Dec. 2009, blacked out after 2 weeks. HP fixed it again. There's a 3 months warranty(AUTOMATICALLY) after each fixing.
Unfortunately, I couldn't talk HP into giving my friend a new laptop.